Wedding Planning

I have been contemplating opening a business with something to do in the wedding area of expertise. My goodness what a business! Seems you put "bride" or "wedding" in front of anything and people jack the prices up 50% than what they would normally. Just look at cake prices. If my whole family were LDS and all active members, we would not have a receptions or ring ceremony at all. The whole point of the ring ceremony and reception is so family can see me get married and we can all celebrate and have fun together, and that is just what we are going to do. :-) I just hate how expensive everything is. I read a book called, "Bridal Bargains" (which I picked up for 40% off) and it has saved me TONS! If I went with traditional wedding stuff and followed etiquette, I would probably put myself into further debt than I already am. But as it stands, I'm pretty much the only one paying for an entire wedding with my Verizon Wireless paycheck. However, we are getting help from some in very neat ways. So as it's turning out, we are going to have a very non-traditional wedding. Ironically, I am actually very happy with that. Since I was a little girl I've always pictured myself as a princess with a huge princess wedding. However, because of our budget, I've had to think outside my little box.

First of all, we got our engagements done for a great deal because we had a family member, who is a novice photographer, do them (he's actually never done engagements). He's got talent, so they actually turned out pretty good. There is at least one we are going to use for our invites. I image with some schooling, he could do great things. We are having an outdoor ceremony in Isaac's Dad's beautiful yard (it's pretty big and out in the country-perfect!). Plus, while our guest list is pretty long, we've already got a ball park figure of who will show up, and we figure about 100 people (more, or most likely less) will make it, which cuts on cost for several different things, most important (and expensive) being FOOD. As far as seating and tables goes, we are borrowing those from the church (I knew I payed my tithe for something, right? Just kidding!). And, if for some crazy reason it decides to rain on the most important day of my life, we have a back up place (church multicultural center) for free.

Funny thing is, I'm already planning in my head, (and looking forward to) how I will blog about the whole wedding outcome.

Even though I'm still stress about finances (lets face it, who isn't?), I'm having fun planning and super excited to see how it will all turn out.

Most important through this whole process, I get to marry the man who makes me the happiest woman on earth! Plus, as an added bonus, I'll get to see most of my family who I haven't seen in a very long time (and some friends too!!!). And hopefully they will get to have a little vacation out of it, being that this is such a beautiful place. And as for the people coming from Arizona, they will get to enjoy some cooler weather.

Only a little over a month away from my bridal shower (super excited!!!!) and a little over two months until I get to marry the love of my life!

Does life get much better? I submit that it does not! lol

Thank you in advance to all those helping out!

-Jenni

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation