stressing the dress

So I'm kind of stressing a little about my dress. I ordered it the end of February from a local dress/bridal shop who I had heard good things about. My roommate got her dress from this place too. However, my dress was suppose to be in on Monday, 4/18/11.... nothing. I called the bridal shop and it seems like the guy who ships the dresses, had said it was shipped. The bridal shop said they would call me when it comes it because it should be any day. Today I called them. What's going on with my dress??? Aparently the people they work with was giving them the run around and had not actually sent out the dresses, but said they would get them out by the end of this month, and then it takes 10 days.... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! That would put the dress here a week before the wedding. It's not like it's a super fancy dress. It's super super simple. So much so, I bet my roommate could make the dress for me (she's really neat like that and in the past two weeks has made like three dresses or something like that). I'm not freaking out too bad, I'm just a little upset that I paid for rush shipping, but there is still a delay on my dress. At the same time, I feel bad for the dress shop, because they have a supplier that is jerking them around, which is not helping their business. The dress shop told me they are no longer going to do business with them because they are under new management. If I do get the dress the beginning of May (which is when I am now told when I will get the dress) do I ask for my money back on the rush shipment fee I paid? It wasn't a huge amount, $35. Or should I just ask for a free alternation (I would probably just need a simple hem on the dress)? I also wanted to try my dress on to see what other undergarments I may need. The thing is, I special ordered my dress. One of a kind. they had this dress on the rack in blue, and I wanted it in white and a different material. I don't know how it will actually look on me, so I'm taking a chance here, and I want to have time to make the right alterations if need be.
I'm sure it will all work out, it just sucks not having my dress right now. Everyone keeps on asking to see what my dress looks like. Seems like I will have to go more traditional and say, "You'll just have to wait till you see me on the wedding day."
Trying to be optimistic here...

Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation