March 2012


LOTS has happened this month and I have been so behind on updating everyone. For the most part, everyone sees whats going on through facebook, but this is also a nice way for me to gather everything in one place.

Isaac is in his last semester of school, and we celebrated his last spring break together. Yes, I was able to take a full week and a half off from work. We started off by going to see Blast! which I had seen a long time ago in high school. Knowing Isaac would really enjoy this show (which he did) we got front row center seats.

 Saturday was spent celebrating my nice Melody's first birthday.
She destroyed her birthday cake





That night we went a saw Act of Valor which is a big MUST SEE!! 
Sunday, we went down to Tucson to my old ward. I didn't think I would see anyone I knew because I only spent a couple months in the ward and they had redone the boundaries. But, we did see a couple of people.  
Monday was spent going on a hike through Sobino Canyon 




visiting 4th Ave and Bisandwiches, 
This was only half the sandwiches

touring collossal caves


and eating at Old Chicago.



Tuesday we went to Davis-Monthem AFB were I ran into an old friend of mine and we discovered the huge BX (like a Walmart on base-but with no tax)

Wednesday we traveled back up to Phoenix where we caught a Diamondback's game (still not sure who won or lost, we left after the 7th inning). 

Sunbathing is the norm here


Isaac saw a sign for an aquarium, so we went to Arizona Mills Mall and saw some fish. That night we spent having dinner with my family and hanging out. 


Thursday was our last day, and I promised my little brother we would do something with him. He really wanted to go ice skating, but by the time we got there, there was only 15minutes left to skate, so the lady gave us free shoe rentals. Well, 15 minutes was about 10 minutes too much time. My brave little brother has only been on the ice once in his life, and has never skated. He gave it a go, but had a really hard fall. I felt so bad that we didn't spend more time, so we had some lunch together. 
 




Isaac really wanted to go to the zoo, so we decided on the Wild Life World Zoo since there was less walking (which there was still a ton!) and it was cheaper since my parents had a buy one get one free. 
 



On the way home we stopped in St. George to see Thunder over Utah. It was awesome, all up until the Blue Angels came, it was spectacular! Too bad right at the end the wind picked up, and since there was nothing but dirt outside, we got covered. And instead of waiting for the buses to take us back to our car, we walked about a mile back, only to get there the same time the buses did. 
 
The waiting storm
The last stop was to see my sister-in-law Brittney and niece Indy.


I'm so glad we went on this trip for spring break! Especially since we got our orders to leave for Oklahoma on the 7th. 

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation