Birthday, Halloween and More
Hum, a whole month passed this time, guess we must be having fun here at the Fifield residence.
October 12th was my birthday, I'm whole 28 years young now. Soon, I should be having babies... should be, but we're not trying or anything. Give us time to be us first, babies will come soon enough.
In stead of walloing and feeling sad that I am now 28, I invited some friends over to celebrate. Feeling festive, I made some pumpkin cream cheese cup cakes, and a yummy cake (I forgot to take a pic of the cake)
It was a good turn out, lots of yummy treats and fruity drinks. Too bad Isaac had to miss it because of work, but look what he brought home for me:
That's okay, we made up for it the next day and spent the entire day just the two of us enjoying each others company. We ended up getting an Xbox Kinect thinking that would be a great party game, or even for just the two of us to play, but mostly for me to find a fun way to work my butt off.... so I've turned it on twice since. Hey, I'm a busy girl! ;)
Halloween was super low key. We went to a costume party at our friends, the Kearns. It was fun getting dressed up, eating yummy treats and playing games. I managed to put up some decorations in the house, and even bought pumpkins and a pumpkin carving kit...but never got around to the carving part.
Because of work (I switched shifts so my co-worker could take her kids out) I had to miss my favorite part of Halloween, seeing all the kids dressed up and giving out candy, but I got these pics of my niece and nephew. Aren't they so adorable?! :)
A few days ago Isaac and I had the chance to sleep in and spend some time with each other, so he decided to make me some crepes, eggs and bacon; yum!
What's that on his upper lip you ask? He calls it a mustache, I call it a creeper-stash. No shave November is in full swing, and I ask, is there any reason a female cannot participate? I submit that she can!
Isaac's reward for working so hard these past few months:
This is one stinking expensive game! Not so bad if I knew it would last him a while, but I know he will be done with this game in a week or two. Maybe three days since he has a three day weekend coming up.
Update on our plans for the holidays and beyond:
Thanksgiving will be spent here in Enid at the Fifield residence. Isaac wants to have turkey and all the fixings in his very own home. Good thing I have the two days before off to prepare and he has the three days after to clean up. :)
Because of my job, I will be staying in Enid for all of Isaac's Christmas/News years break, and because flights are super expensive, Isaac might be staying here too.... If flights drop in price, he'll go home for a few days after Christmas.
Since before we even pulled in the Enid America, Isaac has been switching from talking about wanting to fly fighters to wanting to fly helicopters (helos (he-low) as they are known in the Air Force world). Why? He knows he has a higher chance of seeing more action and enjoying his career. When is last time fighters were deployed for actual action and not some routine drill?? And how many were actually deployed? That being said, I know his risk is higher for something to go wrong in a helo, but his chances of getting in a car accident driving to work is even higher. What does it mean if he gets helos? Most likely we'll be moving in March to Alabama. But that's many moons away and lots of time for Isaac to change his mind. Bottom line, it all depends on the needs of the Air Force. Time will tell.
October 12th was my birthday, I'm whole 28 years young now. Soon, I should be having babies... should be, but we're not trying or anything. Give us time to be us first, babies will come soon enough.
In stead of walloing and feeling sad that I am now 28, I invited some friends over to celebrate. Feeling festive, I made some pumpkin cream cheese cup cakes, and a yummy cake (I forgot to take a pic of the cake)
It was a good turn out, lots of yummy treats and fruity drinks. Too bad Isaac had to miss it because of work, but look what he brought home for me:
| FLOWERS!! These seriously last 2 1/2 weeks! |
That's okay, we made up for it the next day and spent the entire day just the two of us enjoying each others company. We ended up getting an Xbox Kinect thinking that would be a great party game, or even for just the two of us to play, but mostly for me to find a fun way to work my butt off.... so I've turned it on twice since. Hey, I'm a busy girl! ;)
Halloween was super low key. We went to a costume party at our friends, the Kearns. It was fun getting dressed up, eating yummy treats and playing games. I managed to put up some decorations in the house, and even bought pumpkins and a pumpkin carving kit...but never got around to the carving part.
Because of work (I switched shifts so my co-worker could take her kids out) I had to miss my favorite part of Halloween, seeing all the kids dressed up and giving out candy, but I got these pics of my niece and nephew. Aren't they so adorable?! :)
| My niece, Melody |
| My nephew, Antonio |
A few days ago Isaac and I had the chance to sleep in and spend some time with each other, so he decided to make me some crepes, eggs and bacon; yum!
What's that on his upper lip you ask? He calls it a mustache, I call it a creeper-stash. No shave November is in full swing, and I ask, is there any reason a female cannot participate? I submit that she can!
Isaac's reward for working so hard these past few months:
This is one stinking expensive game! Not so bad if I knew it would last him a while, but I know he will be done with this game in a week or two. Maybe three days since he has a three day weekend coming up.
Update on our plans for the holidays and beyond:
Thanksgiving will be spent here in Enid at the Fifield residence. Isaac wants to have turkey and all the fixings in his very own home. Good thing I have the two days before off to prepare and he has the three days after to clean up. :)
Because of my job, I will be staying in Enid for all of Isaac's Christmas/News years break, and because flights are super expensive, Isaac might be staying here too.... If flights drop in price, he'll go home for a few days after Christmas.
Since before we even pulled in the Enid America, Isaac has been switching from talking about wanting to fly fighters to wanting to fly helicopters (helos (he-low) as they are known in the Air Force world). Why? He knows he has a higher chance of seeing more action and enjoying his career. When is last time fighters were deployed for actual action and not some routine drill?? And how many were actually deployed? That being said, I know his risk is higher for something to go wrong in a helo, but his chances of getting in a car accident driving to work is even higher. What does it mean if he gets helos? Most likely we'll be moving in March to Alabama. But that's many moons away and lots of time for Isaac to change his mind. Bottom line, it all depends on the needs of the Air Force. Time will tell.
