"I Gave My Blood" and other stories
Saw a friend's post of class 13-13's drop list (the class Isaac was a part of at Vance), Davis-Monthan (Tucson) was listed : / Although Isaac says it wouldn't have been his first choice, I tell him it would be, then Germany. Those two and a base in Florida are the best ones. Sure, there are other good bases too, but those would be my top three if we were still there. BUT we are not there, we are here... in rainy rainy rainy Alabama. STOP RAINING!!!! I really want to go to the beach again!
Nine more weeks till we find out what Isaac's future assignment will be. Nine more weeks...
To help distract myself from lack of being able to control time and our assignment, I have been staying busy at work (even though I wish I was doing more and making more), and other "things".
This past Friday I donated blood for the first time in my life. :-) I've always wanted to donate, but found excuses not to. For a while I didn't meet the weight requirement, and other times I just found myself "busy". This time the Red Cross van was parked outside of my work and I had a 2 1/2 hours to kill. I did good for the most part. My blood bag filled up very quickly. I looked down after about 5 minutes and noticed the bag was engorged with my blood, and that's about when I started feeling super light headed, sweaty, tingly and like I wanted to throw up. Good thing I didn't pass out or throw up. :)
The people working were awesome. Super nice and understanding. I even got a free shirt at the end, all I had to do was give my blood to get it.
This coming week I have a great distraction, I am going to Young Woman's Camp with the young women in my church. Super excited!!!! And a little bit nervous. I can't even remember the last time I went camping. Good thing we are staying in air conditioned dorms (I know, not "real" camping), but there will be plenty of out door activities. I'm suppose to be the one "leading" these young women, but I have never been to one of these camps myself. Hopefully I do okay. If nothing else, I know we will all have fun, rain or shine.
Nine more weeks till we find out what Isaac's future assignment will be. Nine more weeks...
To help distract myself from lack of being able to control time and our assignment, I have been staying busy at work (even though I wish I was doing more and making more), and other "things".
This past Friday I donated blood for the first time in my life. :-) I've always wanted to donate, but found excuses not to. For a while I didn't meet the weight requirement, and other times I just found myself "busy". This time the Red Cross van was parked outside of my work and I had a 2 1/2 hours to kill. I did good for the most part. My blood bag filled up very quickly. I looked down after about 5 minutes and noticed the bag was engorged with my blood, and that's about when I started feeling super light headed, sweaty, tingly and like I wanted to throw up. Good thing I didn't pass out or throw up. :)
The people working were awesome. Super nice and understanding. I even got a free shirt at the end, all I had to do was give my blood to get it.
This coming week I have a great distraction, I am going to Young Woman's Camp with the young women in my church. Super excited!!!! And a little bit nervous. I can't even remember the last time I went camping. Good thing we are staying in air conditioned dorms (I know, not "real" camping), but there will be plenty of out door activities. I'm suppose to be the one "leading" these young women, but I have never been to one of these camps myself. Hopefully I do okay. If nothing else, I know we will all have fun, rain or shine.