Sunday School
Isaac and I are Sunday school teachers for kids ages 7-8 years old. We've been at this calling for a little over a month and, I think, have learned a lot so far. It's interesting and fascinating to see how these little minds work. Not a class goes by that I don't learn something new about these kids, or myself. Patience is key, but love comes first. Forget what the manual says (okay, not completely), but so long as these kids feel loved and somewhat understand the love of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father, then I feel as though I've accomplished something.
Being that our ward (church) consists mostly of military families, I find myself getting sad as one of our little kids gets ready to move on to his next station. He really is the life of the class. Amazing how in only a month's time I have come to enjoy these kids so much.
The other day I had a dermatologist appointment for my autoimmune disease in Dothan, (oh, and like always, doc says everything looks good...at least on paper...--try telling my aching, painful nodule filled body that). While in Dothan, I took the opportunity to swing by Barns and Noble and read through a couple of books:
While I've learned that all children have special needs, these books focus on two specific ones that a couple of our kids have in our class. If you ever get the chance, pick these books up and ready them, they are waaaaayyyy too cute!
Being that our ward (church) consists mostly of military families, I find myself getting sad as one of our little kids gets ready to move on to his next station. He really is the life of the class. Amazing how in only a month's time I have come to enjoy these kids so much.
The other day I had a dermatologist appointment for my autoimmune disease in Dothan, (oh, and like always, doc says everything looks good...at least on paper...--try telling my aching, painful nodule filled body that). While in Dothan, I took the opportunity to swing by Barns and Noble and read through a couple of books:
The funny part of discovering these two books, is that my husband and I were discussing this just a few months ago, at least about our cat.