It was a Tuesday afternoon, I woke up not feeling so hot after taking a nap. Thinking it was the sushi I ate earlier not setting right in my tummy, I went to the bathroom. There, sitting across from my was a pregnancy test. Even though it was four days before my expected period, I thought, "why not? I've already peed on a dozen sticks at this point, what's one more wasted test?" Sitting on the toilet I watched the pee creep slowly across the test point. Just like the last three months, only the control line showed up. "Oh well, better luck next month," I thought. Pulling up my shorts and walking over to wash my hand I take another gander at the test, after all, they do say to wait 3 minutes. "WHAT?!?!?!??!!!!" A tiny tiny extremely faint pink line comes up. After reading enough baby books and internet "research" I already knew any line, no matter how faint, meant there is baby making juices flowing inside. Of course I freaked out because I just had sushi that day, but I'm into my 6th week now and everything is still going good. Feeling symptoms more and more each day.
 |
| Can you see it??? |
 |
| My reaction... yes, I am crying happy tears! |
Truthfully I wanted to tell any and everyone I saw, but I knew I had to tell my husband first. Even after that, I knew from other people's experience it's a good idea to wait and tell the world because "bad things" could happen. After telling our families, then one friend, then another friend, oh and maybe one more friend/co-worker (each), it was just a matter of time before those people spilled before we did. Since we were in need of some good vibes, I decided to tell the world our exciting news.
 |
| Isaac's reaction to finding out he is going to be a dad...disbelief |
Maybe it's too soon, but I've only been feeling slightly queezy at times. Definitely don't care for some foods. I can drink an entire gallon of milk in a day if I let myself. Don't even get me started on the amount of gas my body is capable of producing... oh, and my skin has resorted to taking me back to jr high. Then there is the need to pee every five minutes only to have a trickle come out, what's that about??? I used to have a bladder of steel. Other than that, I LOVE pregnancy. :o) It's exciting and scary. I just wish we had some dates for when we are moving....where will I be giving birth to baby Fifield????
Because I wanted to be sure, I took another digital test in the morning:
 |
| My animals always go to the bathroom with me, they were first to hear the news |
Our first doctor's appointment is in three weeks. Even though I've had
five positive pregnancy test (yes, I am a neurotic freak), I'll still be on edge till the doctor says everything is okay. Till then, I've felt completely justified in creating a baby registry and helping Isaac to pick out the perfect "man" pregnancy book that I think he will actually read.
 |
| Isaac is mostly excited to sport one of these bad boys. |
Oh, and due date? May 22nd 2014. Let the adventures begin! May the odds be ever in our favor.