the past couple of months...

Corinne constantly keeps me on my toes, I'm not sure exactly how many times I've saved her life, but it's a lot. The girl LOVES to climb! Just today I had to peal her off the bookshelf. Yikes! She may "drive me to the crazy" (and yes, I can just about quote every word of the movie, "Home"), but those times she closes her eyes and peacefully drifts off.... melt my heart.

sleeping peacefully in my arms

using her activity table as a chair, duh

What have we been up to these past couple months?

After our trip to Utah, we were home all of three days before I got the call that my grandfather "Papa" had passed away. So off to Arizona I went with Corinne.
A year ago, he had a stroke and hit his head pretty good, they didn't thin he would make it, but he pulled through and was on his way to recover, when he had another accident. With all the head trauma, he could barely speak. Truly, it was a miracle he pulled through as long as he did. I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with him last year. He lived a good long life and even though I wish I had more time with him and I miss him, I am so lucky to have had built a good relationship with him these past few years. It's hard to write more...
Papa after the accident

Papa and his wife Sharron May 2012


Time to switch gears
For the past few years Isaac and I had talked about getting a tattoo that symbolizes our love for each other. Now, this is HUGE for me, because I HATE needles and I'm scared to get anything permanent on my body for fear I might regret it. Guess what guys and gals, I'm not getting any younger, so our birthday presents to each other were (somewhat) matching tattoos. Will we regret it? Who knows! But you only live once, right? So far I love it, and I love how every time Corinne sees it she point and says, "that!"  I'm sure I will get another tattoo, but I'm not in any hurry.



I threw Isaac a surprise birthday party. His whole life he's never had a birthday party with his friends (only family ones), and he mentioned a couple times that he would LOVE to have a party. I shot his idea down enough that he never suspected a thing. Lots of friends showed up, we had a great time!
most favorite thing ever, balloons!

last year in his 20's!


 In addition to new ink, I've been changing up my hair color a lot. Isaac suggested it, and I didn't have a really good excuse not to. I've always been a pretty much, "play by the rules" kind of gal, but it's been fun changing things up a bit. Maybe its a mid, mid-life crisis sort of thing? Quarter crisis? Who knows, maybe I'll go nuts and try for another baby! NOT! No, not anytime soon anyway.
more blond

pink

dark

Three weeks ago we lost our cat, Logan. I've done just about everything humanly possible to try and get him back, but I've hit a wall. I'm a control enthusiast (I hate the word "freak"), and I HATE that bringing him back home is now out of my control. For six summers I worked 80 hours a week doing doo-to-door sales. I'm not someone who easily gives up because of road blocks (even if I am labeled "the crazy cat lady"), so know that I have done all I can do. He came to us as a stray, and now he has left as a stray. I can't see us getting another cat. No. He was one of a kind. And there is still a little hope in me that he might come home. I've read some pretty incredible stories of felines returning home after 100's of days and even years (though, we won't really be here "years" later....). Poor Corinne is even trained to start calling for Logan every time we step outside. It's time I let go and move on, for my sanity.

Now it's time I find something new to obsess about! I have siblings and friends that are pregnant, time to get cracking on baby gifts! I LOVE to craft! Did you happen to see the chairs I fixed up?

before

after



Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation