Here's a nearly impossible task for me; sum up our two weeks spent in heaven in one blog post. Heaven you say? Yes, dictionary.com's 6th definition down:
"a place or state of supreme happiness."
Corinne's first morning back home in Minot she woke up saying, "Kitty, chickens" because (almost) every morning she'd wake up, put on all her warm clothes, and go with "Hampa" to feed the cats and chickens. Our days were filled with hanging out around the house exploring and discovering, visiting family and friends, date nights, and good ol' relaxation. Corinne still asks for her cousins by name (and it doesn't help she has a couple friends with the same names here), really wish we lived closer at this point in her life. One night we decided to look up the distance between some of our base choices and learned three were within a days drive.... only a few two or three months 'till we find out where we're going next!
Here's a few pics, I will post more to a facebook album because well, I took A LOT of pictures.
 |
| Acting like a goof |
I made this adorable scarf hat thing for Corinne while in Utah (my sister-in-law had made ones for her girls a while back and ever since, I've been wanting to make one for Corinne). However, I forgot to buy a button for the front, so in chimes my father-in-law, "I can make that". Going to brag on him for a minute; seriously, this guy is truly gifted and loves his craft. Making a button (okay, he made me several) was no big deal for him. The toys he makes are so intricate and wonderful. Last year when we visited in May, he made Corinne a few rattles and a necklace for me that Corinne could teeth on that will now be passed on to her little brother (I think I posted pics on Facebook). Even the full length statues he makes out of tree stumps, every time I see one I think, "Surely he bought that" but no. When he goes camping he finds a good piece of wood and spends time carving and creating. Amazing.


 |
| Here's the hat. I took pics before making some adjustments (it was too big and the ears weren't centered) I'd love to say she appreciates the hat and enjoys wearing it, but she pretty much hates it right now... soooo, back to the drawing board to create something she might enjoy more. |
 |
| oh look, a candid shot. truthfully this is how most turned out. Unlike when I was a kid, I don't enjoy being in front of the camera as much. BUT I know a few grandparents who appreciate seeing their grandson grow. |
 |
| Corinne LOVED those chickens and any breakable frog she could find outside around the house. |
 |
| Melt my heart!! This is what I miss the most. Seeing "Hampa" completely dote on Corinne. She's not the first or only grand-kid by any means, so it means so much to me when she gets this one-on-one time. |
 |
| Hunting and shooting is a must while at Gerald's. Isaac caught some birds, and went shooting with his brothers a couple times. |
 |
| Acting like a turkey! |
 |
| Cousins! |
 |
| Isaac's kitty, Othello, 14 years and still going strong |
 |
| Orion showed Corinne around everywhere, such a great big cousin! |