 |
| not our house, but one down the street, they pretty much all look like this |
 |
| new glasses! They are a little big so we go back and forth from these to her old ones |
 |
| loves her new play kitchen! |
 |
| 30 weeks and feeling great! |
There's no question, I'm not the best photographer, but I am patting myself on the back for at least posting and keeping this blog alive for almost 6 years and counting! We started off with 10 views and now some posts hitting the high around 200+ views! That might be chump change to some, but I think it's great that others are sharing in a small piece of our lives. These blogs are mostly for me to look back and reminisce on, but also to keep friends and family who live far away up to date.
Even though we've had more snow this winder here in Minot than our past two winters, we've managed to get out and do more. The trampoline park has become our second home and Corinne's personal heaven (as long as the main highway isn't closed due to crazy snow drifts/blizzard conditions). We've also made another home of the new indoor play area at the housing community center, they have a splash-pad and indoor playground. Unfortunately, Corinne has recently developed a phobia of water (like screaming, kicking, throwing a fit or terror whenever we mention swimming or bath/shower time). Hoping it's a phase she outgrows. Potty training is pretty much non-existent at this point. Even though she shows ALL the signs, she refuses to use the toilet/trainer toilet, and with baby due in 10 short weeks, dad being gone all the time, and her inability to sit still for more than five minutes, I've decided it's a battle not worth fighting. I'll be changing her diapers through high school, thankyouverymuch. Preschool has been hit or miss because of the weather, but we've been at home practicing her letters, numbers, colors, and even cute little nursery rhymes (her favorite). I'm trying to find ways to incorporate movement and learning, because sitting still and learning is not an option at this age. She's also become very opinionated about what we watch and what she wears. Dresses and fluffy skirts are her current choice of dress. This girl keeps me running from sun up till way past sun down. She pushes all my buttons, but most of all makes me a better person.
Baby boy Bruce loves summer-salts, kicking me in every direction, and dance parties in my belly especially when music is playing or I'm laying in bed at 3am in the morning. It's hard to believe I only have 10 weeks left till my due date. Debating weather or not to have an a traditional baby shower (baby sprinkle) or just have a guys and ladies party and have everyone bring diapers. I certainly want to celebrate Bruce, but with soooooooo many babies being due around here, I know it can be taxing on friends to go to every shower. Thoughts/opinions anyone? We have a lot of the essentials, clothes, bedding, feeding (my boobs!), but I do have a Target registry more as a wish list/reminder of things to buy for anyone interested in spoiling Bruce... just saying. We haven't set up a nursery since we will be moving sometime within the first four months of his life (much like we did for Corinne, we moved when she was 5 weeks). Our bedroom will be his bedroom till we move.
Isaac has been in traveling heaven these past few weeks. Lucky duck got to visit my Alma mater down in Tucson and take in all the wonderful weather (70's!) and beauty. He was also sent to a gun show in Vegas and got to visit my best friend while there. Next, Texas. Seriously, this guy has the coolest job. When not flying they send him to all these wonderful warmer places. After traveling for three weeks he should be home for a while (fingers crossed).
I've been working in my shop like crazy (crazy for me is a couple orders a week when not having any orders for almost two months because of the holidays/vacation). Only 10 weeks to make all these quilts I want to make for Isaac, Corinne, Bruce AND myself. Its tough because Corinne demands so much of my attention (like, every single second) so when I let her in my shop so I can work she is a tornado and trashes the pace in five seconds flat. BUT I LOVE creating, so it's worth it! Thankfully, I also have friends who help to keep my spirits up and make me laugh. I still feel like I can be better about putting myself out there and connecting, because left alone for even two days my spirits really start to dampen. Oh! and I went to yoga, once a couple Sundays ago! That's a huge step for me, because my motivation to work out basically in non-exisitant. I need a personal accountability partner who drags my butt out and goes with me to really jump start me working out. Isaac and I have already set a goal, after healing from having Bruce we are going to be that super awesome fit couple. Hey, I used to be on a triathlon team, I freaking ran a half marathon, a duathlon AND a triathlon. It's in my, I just have to dig deep. Speaking of digging deep, I've never felt more like myself than after reading "Daring Greatly" by Brene Brown and now her book, "The Gifts of Imperfection". Next I have her book "I Thought it Was Just Me". If you're looking for some empowering and easy read material, I can't recommend her writings highly enough. Blogging is showing my vulnerability. Although a good portion of my college major focused on writing, I rarely self-edit, almost never re-read before posting, and most likely unintentionally offend someone by writing about my life #sorrynotsorry my if life offends you, you are certainly "entitled" to your opinion, because like my mother has always said, "opinion are like assholes, everyone has one!" Love all those little saying of my mom, lol, really helps to put things into perspective.
Here's a few things I've been working on these past couple weeks:
 |
| Set of 10 burp cloths... took A LOT longer than I thought, but so proud of my work. |
 |
| Added a B-52 to the lineup. Selling on burp cloths, baby bodysuits, toddler shirts and bibs! |
 |
| First fancy fox face for the quilts I have planned for my kiddos |
 |
| Added the osprey to the lineup as well! |
 |
| tried an all veggie dish and it was delish! Eating better thanks to Blue Apron. |