3 Weeks Away

     Today I am 37 weeks pregnant. Doc said baby is high and I'm not dilated. Part of me is so ready to meet the little dude, and part of me thinks maybe I should vacuum upstairs and put some sort of bed together for him. We are keeping him in our bedroom since we are suppose to move somewhere else sometime this summer. No point in setting up an entire nursery that will never be used. Where are we going and when? That's a great question and I'd love to know the answer too, but we are the only ones who have yet to receive orders.

     What's been going on in the Fifield home? Besides my ever growing belly and lack of mobility (cue pregnancy waddle), we threw a little baby shower for baby boy Bruce. Despite all the sickness going around, we still had a great turnout! And I was completely overwhelmed/surprised/crying my eyes out by the surprise gifts for Bruce given by family unable to attend because well, they all live in different states. We feel so loved and are so grateful to all our friends and family who helped celebrate the upcoming birth of our son.

    For me, growing a human is a full time job, but since I love multi-tasking I figured I'd still watch after the toddler, dog, fish, make food, clean, grocery shop, clean, make baby gifts for all my friends, clean up after Corinne, make time for "me", spend time recharging with friends and girl nights, clean. You get the point. Next project(s) is making quilts for Bruce, Corinne and Isaac.... someday I'll make one for myself, but so far I've been pretty spoiled by my family with beautiful handmade quilts.

 Corinne is getting more vocal and feisty by the day... being cooped up doesn't help. She's starting to talk in full sentences and is already rocking the roll of older sibling by becoming miss bossy pants. Let's just say "time outs" have saved mom's vocal cords and have become our saving grace. Most days she's great at independent play (which will come in great once Bruce is here!) but there are times when she very much needs momma (which I also love feeling so needed!) and she gets my brain wheels turning with new and exciting activities. Like today, I picked up the game Candy Land and a container of Play Dough. She decided to take the play pieces and mash them into the Play Dough then sought after the scissors for who-knows-what because I stopped her midway. She's always keeping me on my toes! 

     Isaac went on a total of five (FIVE!) TDY's (temporary assignments away from home) from January-March. Thankfully he's home till baby comes (pending any emergencies). Oh, and I can't remember if I mentioned this in my last blog (kinda a big deal), but Isaac is officially an IP (instructor pilot)! Wahoo!! Anyone who knows Isaac knows he loves two things: teaching and flying. Having a husband who loves his job makes mine so much easier.

     Wookie continues to mope around the house wondering when he'll get to explore the great outdoors again. (me too Wookie, me too).

     Minot just had it's fourth blizzard this winter and Facebook keeps reminding me this is the first winter we haven't been able to play outside this time of year. Spring is two weeks away and I'm calling it's BS. I've got my hospital bags packed and an emergency might-have-the-baby-at-home kit, because the last blizzard hit out of nowhere and there was a 15 car pileup on the road we need to get to the hospital.
our snow pile finally melted, but it was going strong for a while

We had a little baby shower for Bruce with some good friends and lots of yummy treats

The part of military life that sucks is saying goodbye to wonderful friends like this one. I am going to miss her so much!

Saturday ice skating. Corinne LOVED it!

New transitional glasses! Meaning, they turn to sunglasses in the sun.

She LOVES her new glasses

I was about this big with Corinne at full term...

The quilt top for a quilt I made for a good friend. Turned out so great I'm making one for Bruce too!

Walking like she owns the place. Took advantage of a heat wave (above 30!) at the dog park.

Sewed together these little doll kits for a friend's girls. They loved them!

Showing Wookie some love! (poor thing gagged as she was holding a little too tight)

aaaaand here it is, currently 37 weeks and feeling just as big as I look.

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation