So Blessed


 

Definition of blessed

3 : bringing pleasure, contentment, or good fortune 
 
Don't you dare mistake our family for being "Christian" because I use the term blessed. 
 
 We are very blessed, very fortunate for the many abundance we enjoy in part for just being born and being American citizens. Having our health and two healthy babies is such a blessing! Having founded our atheist group and finding our "people" here, is a blessing. Having family that believes as we do, even as they have had to come to it on their own as we have, is a blessing. Having people who know and understand us despite the fact we have a firm conviction and understanding of our self worth outside of worshiping some other being, is a blessing. And the fact that we have so many friends and family that do hold tight to their religious beliefs and love us regardless of what someone might dictate to them, is such a blessings. AND that we can find so much love in our hearts for those who believe so differently than us, is SUCH a blessing.

So much to reflect on and be thankful for this Thanksgiving! 

We are so happily settled in our new home as we have finally received our belongings, added furniture, painted the entire house, added a new fur baby, and started to make friends. Easy is not a word I would use to describe moving every few years and starting all over again, but so thankful to have a loving husband, two loving children, and two fur babies to share these experiences makes it that much easier. 

Truth be told, it so SO FREAKING HARD to make new friends. Sure, those who really know me might see me as some super outgoing social friendly person, but that does not come easy. And for some reason, it takes for-freaking-ever for me to "settle in". I want friends, I want people over, but I also want my house to look presentable and my kids to be healthy. Soon, so very soon we will have our house filled with the joy of others! 

Thanksgiving was super low-key due to having two sickish kids. I mean, I went out the day before to grab some groceries from the store... I'm sure people thought I was nuts because both kids kept coughing and hacking away. But we needed to get out. I needed to get out. aaaand that's how people get sick, by mothers like me everywhere needing to get out so we spread our kid's germs everywhere. You're welcome for your strengthened immune system. But really, no one was running a fever or puking, so, meh. 

Isaac bought a new truck to haul our family around. My first time driving a truck that big! It's soooo roomy and nice, who knew?! I'm still driving my 10 year old car, but don't worry, this mommy is next and you best believe I'll be sporting a swagger wagon soon! 

I'm working on the annual Christmas card and about to get on Isaac to write the letter, hopefully you'll see them before Christmas, laugh out loud

My sewing shop, Rotor Thread, is up and running! (you know, the shop I started to sell those cute helicopter onesies and support my fabric addiction). I currently have four quilts in the works and have a goal of having two done before Christmas, wish me luck! I've also signed on to sell SeneGence products (aka, LipSense) mostly because I was buying so much I needed the discount. Bonus that I can sell to friends and family to make a buck or two here and there and buy even more makeup! Seriously, Isaac LOVES when I get dolled up and 100% supports the biz. 

Corinne has started preschool and LOVES it! Like to the point where she was crying every time I would pick her up because she didn't want to leave. I swear, only my kid! She's doing so much better now, (thank you bribery with Starbucks cake pops), and doesn't cry anymore.  But the sass on my three year old teenager! I tell ya, it's like no other. Hilarious at times, and want-to-pull-my-hair-out at other (most) times. I'm amazed at her growth and development. AND how much she picks up from just hearing us talk... I may or may not need to start having a swear jar... 

Bruce is almost 8 months and started cruising around the house. Seriously, the guy is so freaking fast! He puts up with a lot too. Teething first of all, and then there's sister who terrorizes him any second she gets... and of course loves on him too, but maybe we can do without her squeezing his head. HIs giggles and smiles gets me though the day, he really is such a happy wonderful baby. So happy to have my spirited daughter and my totally chill son. 

Isaac goes to work, flys and pretty much lives the dream. He has his dream job and pretty much the most amazing wife ever so, there's that. I'm sure you'll read about his job more in the Christmas letter. Lately, he's been working on the house, rewiring all the electrical stuff, replacing some old stuff on the house, making new furniture, and of course, decorating the wine wall. 

At the end of the week we often find ourselves soaking and splashing around in the hot tub (we keep the temp low enough for the kids to enjoy too). Recently, we started on the Harry Potter series. Corinne has really started to enjoy us reading to her (thank you Grandpa Gerald!) and watching the movies that go along with the books is a real treat for her and me as I am going through the saga for the first time too! 






Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation