Corinne's 6th Birthday

I want to remember this day.  Corinne had an amazing birthday!! Or, at least I'm pretty sure she did.  Can I brag on my kids for a moment?  This whole Rona thing has effected everyone's lives in one way or another, and our kids are no exception.  Sure, they are military kids so they are building resiliency like most kids don't know.  From moving every 2-4 years at a time, to changes not only in friends, but entire communities.  Think it's hard as a military member or spouse?  The kids take the brunt, it's a life they never got a choice to choose, but live it anyway and with a huge freaking smile. 

Okay, back to Corinne. Here's the highlights of the day. Enjoy! 

Yesterday we started off with happy birthday hugs and kisses, running around and playing inside and out.  The kids have the best sitter ever who lives right across the street.  She joined us for an afternoon BBQ, cake and presents.  Corinne loved all her gifts and played with them all afternoon. 
For dinner we took a little drive to Panda Express as requested by the birthday girl.  I was surprised to see a very packed (maybe 10 cars deep) drive-thu, thank goodness we ordered ahead!  We simply went to the door where our food was on the table, guarded by a shield, picked it up and went on our merry way.  
After dinner, Corinne and I took the dogs for a walk, and of course it started to rain.  We laughed and ran (imagine eating Chinese food, having a single glass of white wine and then immediately going for a run, it was about as fun as it sounds, lol).  The highlight, however, was the double rainbow!  Can I just say how sad I was to not have a camera to capture the moment, it was beautiful! 
Just as we were winding down for the night I got a call from a friend to, "come outside."  Corinne was greeted by our friends singing happy birthday (at a distance) in the yard.  If I wasn't in such shock I would have cried my eyes out.  Of course Corinne was overjoyed!!  We miss seeing our friends so much! 

Wish I had taken more pics, but in an effort to live more in the moment, I did not. I did take some videos I'll upload to Facebook later today or this weekend.  

she asked how to spell love, then showed me this

Chilling out after a long day

The big blue wrapped presents on the left are empty boxes she wrapped herself earlier this week, lol

I accidentally bought "trick candles" so she had a hard time blowing them out. 

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation