I am going to go ahead and brag about myself and my birthday! 36 pretty much feels just like 35, but yes, I'm pretty sure I am falling apart day-by-day. Actually, I still love it when people look surprised to find out I'm 36. Do I look younger or just act younger? :-D Maturity has never been my strong suit, and I like to think I'm over here living my best life and soaking up all the fun I can. My kids certainly keep me young.
I can't say I'm always the best at planning ahead and usually like to do things as they come up, so when I invited friends over for a BBQ I was really just thinking I hadn't seen my friends in a while and Corinne missed her friends too. At the grocery store I decided to pick up a cake too and have everyone sing to me (yes, I am full of myself).
Isaac and one of my best friends Matty plotted another surprise (though Isaac spilled the beans so we could plan). Matty is an instructor pilot and took me to Ft Collins in her family's airplane, how cool is that?! She treated to me breakfast and we got some girl time in and went shopping too. It was my first time ridding in a little airplane and can I just say, what a freaking fun experience! I can see why Matty loves flying (though you'll probably never catch me trying to actually fly, even though Isaac was wanting me too, lol).
After flying I came home to another surprise on my doorstep from my mom, a new purse! She's a beaut. I literally cannot remember the last time I have bought myself a purse, I'm way to indecisive when it comes to picking one out, but I am super grateful when I receive one as a gift and love the heck out of it.
Friends and family reached out on my birthday to send me well wishes-I loved hearing from each and every person who took the time to recognize my birthday. It may seem like a little thing, but it means the world to me. THANK YOU!!