March-May 2021

    A whole lot has happened since I last blogged. We found out we are staying put here in Cheyenne for one more year! While winters are my least favorite part of living in the North, I actually really love Cheyenne. Corinne has been struggling with school, she would rather draw all day. So along with her teachers and principle, we decided to to keep her in first grade for another year. Her school and teachers are some of the best and for that reason alone I am glad to be staying put. With the housing market being so hot we debated moving on base and selling, but dangit, we just LOVE our home so much! Plus, moving pretty much sucks. 

    I feel spoiled by the amount of family vacations we have been cashing in on. South Dakota has been a hot spot for us to visit. We've stayed at a water park a couple different times now and got to take the kids to Mt. Rushmore when there was almost no one there. Out of all places to visit, northern Utah it still our favorite and we were able to spend spring break there with family. 






    Isaac and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in May by heading to Las Vegas for a quick weekend trip! It wasn't enough time, and we also learned we are not the young kids we once were and usually passed out in our super comfy bed around 11pm. The original plan was to head to Australia, but you all know how the story goes. Plans change. We were just going to do a weekend trip in Denver, but of course I had to be a little extra (and visit my oldest best friend!) by changing the plans to Vegas. Funny enough, as much as Isaac and I have flown, it was our very first flight together. Cheers to 10 more years! 






    A few weeks ago I got the heartbreaking news my grandmother Judy, passed away. I knew her health was declining, but the news was sudden. She lost three of her children (two of my uncles and an aunt) in her life and two grandkids (my cousins). At the age of 77 she took her last breath, she was done with this world. Many summers were spent visiting my grandmother. It was during these summers that she taught me how to crochet, and where by anyone else's standards, I would have been in a whole heap of trouble, but to her we were just kids being kids. I'm still amazed by her-she got pregnant with my dad when she was only 14! My kid's baby-sitter is 14... I can't imagine (at the time too) how she did it. 

Last pic I have of my grandmother, when Corinne was a few months old



Bruce's first flight! They actually did really good. 

Blanket my grandmother made

Most of my Dad's grandkids

And here's my dad, step-mom, their kids (minus one) and grandkids. 



    There wasn't much time to plan, but I knew I needed to get out to Arizona for the funeral. Since last year's trip to Arizona was canceled (fucking virus), we were able to use credits and book everything without it being too much of an expense. I only wish we could have stayed a couple days longer. I am not terribly close with my family, but I still love them all very much and didn't even realize how much I missed them. Isaac agreed that we will have to plan another Arizona trip soon. 
    
    School is still going good for me. All A's and enjoying learning. The scary part right now is figuring out where we will be stationed next because I need an internship site, yikes! This is the time I should be looking for a supervisor, however, we still don't know where we are going next and wont find out till early next year. You can bet I will be channeling all my cold calling sales skills to secure a site as soon as I know where we are going. What is on our list? Japan is number one, but not very likely. After that I don't actually think it matters what he put on his list because the Air Force is going to send us where the Air Force wants us. 

    Whew! That was a lot and of course I am probably missing a bunch too. My "stories" on the gram usually keep everyone up to date, but this little blog of mine sums things up for those maybe not in the know. I'm taking classes this summer while also navigating up coming vacations. Hoping to jump back on the blog wagon more, but also cognizant that I will soon need to make this private as I enter the counseling field. Don't worry, I'll keep all five of you updated ;) 

Bruce had his birthday in March, now 4 years old. Corinne had her birthday in May, now 7 years old. My kids are growing up way too damn fast. There are sooooo many more pics, I'll probably do a photo dump on Facebook. Also, Isaac made a beautiful 10 year photo anniversary book. A good reminder that I haven't made a photo book since right after Corinne was born, it's about time I get on it! 

Babies don't keep. Here's a pic of my 4 and 7 year old on vacation NOT fighting, lol


Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation