Married!

{coming out of the Logan Temple}
YIPPEE!! Saturday's wedding was PERFECT! (well, almost)
Friday night Isaac's grandparents had a get together so our two families could meet. I am so greatful they did that, because it gave me a chance to sit and meet with his family and my family more so than I would have if we had waited until the day of the wedding.
{Friday night dinner}

All week me and Isaac (and I'm sure many others) were praying pretty hard for good weather; one moment the weather for-casted clear skies, the next, pouring buckets. We had cloudy skies and cool weather for the temple ceremony, and clear skies, nice weather for the afternoon, then after we left and were snuggled in bed, came the pouring rain. How's that for timing?
There were over 30 sealings in the temple on Saturday, so I'm sure there were many families who were appreciative of the awesome weather.
{smooches!}

It was so great to see my family from out of town! Also, it was awesome to meet to many people in Isaac's family and his friends too. I just wish there was more time to sit and get to know everyone.
The morning started off good with my oldest sister Dori helping me do my hair and my best friend Marisa helping with my dress. I even got a call from my boss wishing me the best and giving me some motherly advice (she also made some yummy treats that turned out to be a huge hit).
The temple ceremony was simple and beautiful. Funny moment: I had a lady in the temple (who was one of the bride's mother) take a look at my dress and ask me if I was a bride's maid. I just smiled and said, "No, I am a bride." You see my dress is very non-traditional for a wedding dress. I just love that my dress was short and simple.... next to all the other dresses I can see how someone can make the mistake that mother did. We didn't do a lot of the traditional things you would normally do.
At the temple we took lots of pictures and even had a video made (should get a copy of it by Thursday or Friday sometime). After the temple, we went back to Isaac's dad's place (my father-in-law's), to have a ring ceremony. The night before I stayed up late burning CD's to play at the reception.... well, the CD's would not play.... great. I freaked out for half a second and instinctively told Isaac to find a near by car and blast the music from there, lol, pure red-neck style. He pulled up his Xterra, and man, did that thing pump out some sound. Probably even better than the stereo we were going to use.
{You can see we are flip-flopped}
The ring ceremony went smoothly. The twins wouldn't walk without there mom (I kinda figured that would happen) so I told her just to walk with them. I didn't realize this until weeks after the wedding, but you know how the bride is suppose to stand on stage right and the groom on the left? Well, someone goofed somewhere and we got the mixed up, lol. One more thing to add to our very non-traditional wedding. Isaac and I said a few words to each other and his family ward bishop said a few words, then everyone who wanted to came up and gave us a hug (we didn't run back down the aisle like traditional weddings).
The reception was sandwiches and LOTS of desserts.
 Thanks to the help of family and friends the place was set up beautifully.
 For the reception Isaac and I just went around and talked to people. SO many new people to meet. We didn't feel like we got enough time with any one person or group of people... can we have another wedding that last longer? Wait, I think they call those family reunions.
Other traditions that happened, but didn't really happen: cutting the cake, dancing with husband, and dancing with dad. We took pictures of us doing it, but no one stood around to watch. I mean, the music wasn't working and as far as the cake goes, well, my friend Fabio put it best (who was the only one who saw us cut the cake), people don't care to see you cut the cake, they just want to eat some. (And as I stated above, we were already serving plenty of desserts, including all sorts of cakes).
{the cake cutting no one witnessed-except Fabio}

{open wide!}


{father daughter dance with no music-we danced anyway}




After a couple hours, Isaac and I headed home. We left in a beautifully decorated Xterra; covered in soap, Oreo cookies, balloons, and ribbon.



The day was awesome! Thank you to everyone who made our wedding time super special!!! WE LOVE YOU!!
{family and friends outside the temple}
Sorry this blog is a little dry, bland and skatter brained. My mind is a little preoccupied as my husband sits on the couch just a few feet from me. ;)


There are a couple of people that have asked for the link to get the high resolution wedding pics, so here it is. These pictures are free to view and download in high resolution!!

http://www.vwephotography.com/

Instructions:
for the temple pictures:
1) click on the customer link
2) type in: wedding
3) user name: jennifer
    password: isaac

for the ring ceremony/reception
1)click on customer link
2) type in: reception
3) user name: isaac  
    password: jennifer

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation