Arizona

Just realized, I forgot to post about out trip to Arizona. Life tends to just happen, and I often forget to let other's know what going on.

We drove a very very very long way down to Tucson, Arizona our first leg of the trip. Because there was traffic, it made it about 15 1/2 hours, yuck! It's a good thing Isaac and I love each other so much.

The first day in Arizona we spent in Tucson. Isaac really wanted to go back to Pima Air and Space Museum. This time we did the Bone Yard tour where all the airplanes that aren't being used or out of commission are stored.


We couldn't get out of the bus (probably good since it was so stinking HOT---a nice change from freezing Logan).
So many grounded planes, but the tour guide told us withing a moments notice, some of these plans can be up and ready to fight if need be.












Isaac was known in high school as "Skippy"... his friends from high school still call him Skippy today.

Friday night we hing out with my besty Marisa and her husband. We had some awesome tapenaki and went bowling (sorry, no pics).

Saturday we had to get up super early to leave for Phoenix because my littlest brother was having his last football game.

I loved watching these little guys run around out there, so cute! Go 73! Unfortunately they lost. I don't think they one a single game all season long. But at least he had fun and wants to do it again.
My niece Melody and Grandpa

Me and my nice, Melody

Isaac trying to stay "cool" in the shade
So, I didn't get any pics after this game, I was too busy enjoying my family so I forgot to take more pictures. Opse! I hate that because then I look back wishing I had more pictures. 
After this game we went to see my 5year old (or is he six?) cousin's flag football game (I think they won). 
Since we were in downtown Glendale, we just roamed around the mall and then went to see Real Steal, Imax. Yes, we went to the movies on vacation. It was a great way to beat the heat!
That night we hung out with some of my friends in Scottsdale, and the next day we went to Buckeye. 
On the way out to Buckeye we stopped at Luke Air Force Base where Isaac has hopes to one day be stationed because that's where they do the F-16 training. 
My aunt Mandy put together a party with most of my family to celebrate birthdays and so we wouldn't have to drive around to everyone's house to say hello. 
In my opinion, the trip was way too short again. It's too bad we don't live closer so Isaac can get to know the family better. I'm hoping to see the family again before we take off to where ever we are stationed. Maybe I can sneak in a trip sometime in the spring when the weather still sucks here, but it just getting nice in Arizona.



Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation