Lesson #1 of being a military Wife
Isaac is married to TWO people: the military and me. I guess we are those Mormons.
Currently, Isaac is in the "15 day program". What's that, you ask? Isaac will be spending no less than 12 hours every day right next to the flight line, in training, studying and flying. He cannot not leave the building unless he is flying. Basically, it means I don't have a husband for three weeks. Luckily though, there was a meeting for the wives and the "do's and don'ts". Found out I can go visit him for a short period of time for lunch or dinner if needed. Hey, they understand (somewhat) that these guys (some of them) have families.
Isaac's first day of the 15 day program was his birthday. He loved it! Only because it was his first time flying the in the T-6 Texan ("T" stands for "trainer"). Not his solo flight quite yet, that will probably be in just a few short weeks however (after the 15 days).
Since the closest decent sporting goods store is over 2 hours away, I stopped by Dick's Sporting Goods in Dallas before coming home and bought Isaac a new set of clubs. Wanting to keep things cheep, Isaac only asked for a driver... nice of him to think small, until I found out ONE cheep driver was just about as much as a starter set of clubs on sale...which I did find.
I took a video, but Isaac knew he was getting this set and his fake reaction sucked...I had to ask him if he liked the set before I got them because it would be too much of a hassle to try and return or exchange them (the joys of living in the middle of nowhere). At least I was able to surprise him with the fake putting green.
Isaac suggested I see about having a birthday party the following Saturday of his birthday. That was a great idea and all the wives were excited about it, until I found out Isaac's class sponsor was throwing a party that same day...Isaac forgot. A hard reminder of what I have already been told in so many ways, that I am not his #1 priority right now and what he is going through is very very hard on him, and consequently, will be on me too.
We are working through this though, and after my initial meltdown, I think I have a better understanding of what I am in for and how to handle it.
That Friday, Isaac and I went to our friends, the Schmidts, to watch the recorded Aggies game. Melissa and I made cupcakes while the guys watched the game. I didn't think of singing happy birthday, but Melissa happened to have some candle, Justin grabbed a rolled up news paper and presto! A birthday for the birthday boy!
Nothing but the best for my man. :) I'm learning how to plan around the military....
The other wives here are so wonderful and supportive. I love the people here in Enid and at this base, I think we are really lucky to have landed here.
Currently, Isaac is in the "15 day program". What's that, you ask? Isaac will be spending no less than 12 hours every day right next to the flight line, in training, studying and flying. He cannot not leave the building unless he is flying. Basically, it means I don't have a husband for three weeks. Luckily though, there was a meeting for the wives and the "do's and don'ts". Found out I can go visit him for a short period of time for lunch or dinner if needed. Hey, they understand (somewhat) that these guys (some of them) have families.
Isaac's first day of the 15 day program was his birthday. He loved it! Only because it was his first time flying the in the T-6 Texan ("T" stands for "trainer"). Not his solo flight quite yet, that will probably be in just a few short weeks however (after the 15 days).
Since the closest decent sporting goods store is over 2 hours away, I stopped by Dick's Sporting Goods in Dallas before coming home and bought Isaac a new set of clubs. Wanting to keep things cheep, Isaac only asked for a driver... nice of him to think small, until I found out ONE cheep driver was just about as much as a starter set of clubs on sale...which I did find.
| Logan helping to wrap the presents...or play with the tape, whatever |
| Clubs and fake green, what more could a guy want? |
Isaac suggested I see about having a birthday party the following Saturday of his birthday. That was a great idea and all the wives were excited about it, until I found out Isaac's class sponsor was throwing a party that same day...Isaac forgot. A hard reminder of what I have already been told in so many ways, that I am not his #1 priority right now and what he is going through is very very hard on him, and consequently, will be on me too.
We are working through this though, and after my initial meltdown, I think I have a better understanding of what I am in for and how to handle it.
That Friday, Isaac and I went to our friends, the Schmidts, to watch the recorded Aggies game. Melissa and I made cupcakes while the guys watched the game. I didn't think of singing happy birthday, but Melissa happened to have some candle, Justin grabbed a rolled up news paper and presto! A birthday for the birthday boy!
Nothing but the best for my man. :) I'm learning how to plan around the military....
The other wives here are so wonderful and supportive. I love the people here in Enid and at this base, I think we are really lucky to have landed here.