1st Baby Doc Visit
![]() |
| picture of a picture. this is my little bean (actual size of a bean at time of pic). 8 Weeks. |
Does anyone else find it weird that I am showing them a picture of something that is inside of my uterus?? It just seems to strange to me. There is a life sucking being inside my body making me tired and sick pretty much all the time. I wish I loved food... I mean, I see food and I think, "oh, that would be so yummy!" then I go to buy it, and I can't stomach it. Why??!!!
It was a strange experience seeing the baby and hearing the heart beat for the first time. The doc I see has a big flat screen t.v. showing me everything the ultrasound tech sees, and speakers amplifying the heartbeat. The tech was kind of quite during the ultrasound, so I had to ask her after she recorded it, "was that the heartbeat?" I mean, it sounded like a heartbeat, just a lot faster. 152 bpm, just so ya know. Doc says everything looks really good. I do have to see maternal fetal medicine because of my autoimmune disease, but I believe everything will turn out fine---it's more so for cautionary purposes.
The appointment alone wasn't too long, but the waiting was. It was worth it! The doc is awesome, very personable and I wish I was going to be delivering with him. Turns out we will be in Albuquerque when I have the baby. :) MUCH closer to family than Alabama or North Dakota.
Due date? May 26, 2014. I hate putting a day on it because almost no one delivers on their due date, in fact, I have two friends who delivered this month (4 and 3 weeks early) instead of next month. Crazy.
I am a little put off that I wont have a nursery ready for the little peanut when he/she comes, and we will be moving with a new born, a dog and cat, but the trade off of having family so close when I do deliver is totally worth it.
Next big milestone... what will the baby be?? Boy or girl??? As of right now I am betting on a girl. I don't care what we have, so long as it's healthy. :-)
*** Update on the post from below, the kitten has found a home with our friends. :) ***
