Like last year, Isaac really wanted us to have our own turkey so we would have plenty of left overs. The thing is, we ended up getting an 18lb turkey for just the two of us. None of our friends were in town, or they had plans of their own. So, now we have LOTS of leftovers, more than enough to eat off of till we move, lol.
| | |
| mmm deviled eggs...I only got one, thanks Isaac...not. |
 |
| A feast for two! (not including the yummy desserts I made) |
Talk about a guilt-free holiday! This was the first time I can remember finishing everything that was on my plate and going back for more. Can I just say I LOVE being pregnant during the holidays??!!! Grow baby, grow! :)
For that weekend Isaac booked a trip for both of us to swim with the manatees. Where does he come up with these things?? Seriously, who sits around and then suddenly says, "hey, I want to swim with manatees!" A guy who who LOVES animals and is a true kid at heart, that's who. Good thing we live 6 hours from the ONLY place in the entire world where you can not only swim with, but pet the manatees. What an AWESOME adventure!!! Sure, I was super scared at first, some of them are HUGE! But they are the most gentile creatures on the face of the planet. Also, they are the only wild animal I know of that will come up to you and let you pet them, as well as roll over and let you rub their belly. How neat is that?
Crystal River is the only place where these guys hang out during the winter months because it's a natural spring with temps at 72degrees year round. We had wet suits, which were perfect since after about an hour and half I was freezing, even though at that point I didn't want to get out because I was just getting comfortable and enjoying myself with the manatees.
 |
| What a cute little guy... kept swimming right up to me |
 |
| LOVE |
 |
| rolling over to let Isaac pet him |
Seriously, these manatees LOVED Isaac. Me on the other hand... well, I think they can sense fear. They would come up to me, let me pet them for a second, then take off to Isaac and hang out with him for a while. Okay by me, I loved taking the pictures.
If we weren't saving for a baby, we would totally drive down there again this weekend to hang out with the manatees.
I'll post a video next... it takes a while for the videos to finalize.