Arizona Trip pt 1







First stop in Arizona, Hoover Dam. Funny story, I have traveled form Arizona to Las Vegas several times, and each time the trip took around 6 hours or so. One of those hours accounting for the slow traffic traveling through the Hoover damn. Turns out they have since built a by-pass, and we went right over that dam! Had to turn around, hence my oh so pleasant face (and finding out we couldn't take Wookie on the bridge part and it was too warm to leave him in the car, so yes, I was a little annoyed). BUT it was Isaac's first time seeing the dam, and it was still a beautiful view.

Hoover Dam good time!

The day after arriving in Arizona we went to the Gilbert Temple open house. Since my family are not members of the "Mormon" church, they could not go into the Logan Temple when Isaac and I got married. Soooo, I jumped at the chance to take the into the Gilbert Temple so they could see what the great mystery is all about. I know they enjoyed themselves and appreciated being able to share a part of my religion with me. (Side note to non-members: before an LDS temple is dedicated, the church opens it's doors to ALL faiths, members and non-members so they can get a better understanding of what Latter-day Saints believe and how the temples are used in our religion. However, Sunday worship is held in a church building and ALL are welcome to attend.)


Back left: Isaac, Jen, Laura(step-mom), Rick (dad), Dori (sister). Front: Gwen (step-grandma), Donovan (brother).

That Friday, after visiting with a good friend from college, Angela, we took a day trip down to Tucson (Isaac's loves Tucson!), to visit my old stopping grounds and my sister. Wish we would have spent more time there, I love love love Tucson... who knows, maybe we will end up back there someday...

Isaac me and Angela

Corinne's cousin taking my face off

I get to have one of these in just a couple months!
Saturday we got to visit a friend of ours, Jenny, we met through the Air Force-she had just got into town the same day we did and was setting up her new place. Can I just take a moment to say how much I love the AF for the friends I have made?? Seriously, between the church and the Air Force, I am never in a shortage of friends no matter where I go, and they are some of the BEST people I know!

Jenny asked if Isaac wanted to hold her daughter, this is what she did two seconds later, lol. Isaac is so ready to be a dad!
Later that night, after arriving a hour later than we said we would, we came back to my aunts house where we have been staying to a surprise baby shower! My family didn't know I was already planing on coming back for a baby shower in April, so they wanted to make sure they took care of me before I headed back to Albuquerque. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I was so not ready for a shower and was a complete mess. (Yes, I can be vain.) Thank you Aunt Mandy!! I feel so loved! :)
Surprise baby shower! Love my family.

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation