Arizona Trip pt 2

It wasn't enough that we were in Arizona for a few days, we had to go back!
Our good friends, the Harris Family, were renewing the vows/getting married/celebrating their one year wedding anniversary, a very popular thing to do in the military. As my aunt has said to me (military wife of 20 years), "if the military wanted you to have a spouse/family, they would have issued you one." Often times this leads to a quick courthouse wedding followed up by the "real wedding" when the military allows for time off.

Like all our road trips, this one also included an "adventure". We had planned to see the Grand Canyon on our way to Phoenix, however, plans change:


We ended up on the side of the road in some sketchy turf. Good thing it was daylight! This is the second time I have needed a side of the road tire repair (and that's saying a lot being that I have traveled clear across country and back SIX times as well as the many many many miles traveling for long trips and adventures-and on some pretty questionable tires). The last time I need the tire changed, Isaac was with me as well and was able to change the tire (and it was in Logan Utah with already hardened snow on the ground and tons more coming down, lol). Funny how I never had a flat tire by myself... I'm sure the day will come.

The wedding was absolutely beautiful! Isaac and I had a really good time with friends and dancing the night away (never mind my swollen kankles).
Fountain Hills

Such a perfect couple! Love these two!!

Flight school friends: John, Ben, Michael, Isaac


Maritza, the beautiful bride!

Seriously, if this picture was a little more clear, you could see the stark difference in size between the cute little petite Maritza, and big ol preggers me.
Oh, and of course this bride might have thought she was going to wait another five years to start a family of their own, but I think pregnancy is contagious, because she dropped the bomb on me that she was already 8 weeks pregnant in this picture; crazy!! (yes, I cried my little eyes out) I couldn't be happier for her and am excited to go though our pregnancies at similar times. Yippee!!!

Well, we finally made it to the Grand Canyon and you know what? I was sooooo mad! hahaha, looking back on it now, I am pretty sure a lot of it was due to hormones, but I was seriously so upset because Isaac forgot the DSLR camera (really nice camera). I had been to the canyon plenty of times and I wanted some awesome pictures, dangit! Okay, so I thought it was Isaac's fault, till we got home and realized it was my fault it didn't get packed... I'm crazy... or just a crazy prego chick, either way, poop. But at least we have good cell phone cameras! 
Asian invasion. We showed up right after the tour bus.

It was hard to stay too mad for too long when there is this view!


Isaac LOVED the Grand Canyon. Maybe someday we can take more time and go on a hike (when I'm NOT pregnant).

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation