37W 6D


  I keep forgetting to have Isaac take "belly pictures" of me on the week mark, hence the 37 weeks and 6 days as opposed to 38 weeks... oh well.

Warning!
The following (*) might be a slightly emotionally/hormonally influenced rant and I believe people are genuinely good and mean well, but at times don't realize what they are actually saying.
 
*Everyone says I look small, is that suppose to be just an observation? Some sort of compliment? Are you telling me my child is malnourished? That my body can't handle barring a child? Or do you think I am making up my due date? Seriously, what is the point of telling a woman, "You look really small to be that far along"? I'd argue it's right up there with telling a pregnant woman she's too big. (And I sincerely apologize to any pregnant women who I might have commented on their size, I now know better, it's really no one's place to comment on a woman's size, pregnant or not) Doctors say I am doing great, thanks for your concern...but please, keep your opinion/observation to yourself.*
I am the size I am.
37 Weeks 6 Days


Okay, so who the heck knows when is my due date??? Doctor's charts say May 22nd, but when I had my first ultrasound, they dated me being due May 26th. Because I peed on an ovulation stick, I know within a day or so of when conception happened (I know, TMI), so I put the date at either the 23rd or 24th (I've been telling everyone the 23rd). Does the day actually matter? Probably not, until it comes to induction time. I mean, four days is half a week, isn't that a significant amount of time??

At my last appointment doc made it seem as though I might even deliver early, and she was willing to "strip my membranes" at the next appointment (38 weeks, 4 days by doc's charts) if I wanted, to help move things along. YIKES! This is all moving too fast, slow down, a baby already?? I know it's coming but I don't care to rush anything. Then again, with all this hip pain and swelling... and I've been sleeping a lot more during the day then normal, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with tossing and turning all night because of hip pain. Tempting as it is to get baby out now (Isaac really really really wants her out now-he hates to see me in pain), I want to give her as much time as she wants inside of my secure, warm, snug belly to grow and develop.... unless the doc says otherwise. After all, I wonder how healthy it can be when I feel as though there is no more room for her to grow. Seriously, I thought I felt huge before, now I can't even bend over, and don't get me started about trying to get out of bed, especially when there is the obstacle of two animals crowding me (I think they like the extra warmth) and two wrist splints on my arms, on top of not have any ab muscles to help me out of bed.
Two more weeks until my May 22nd due date. I have all the baby "stuff" and house is just about cleaned from top to bottom. Nesting is in full force, when I am not catching up on my sleep. Sometimes I find myself scared out of my brain that I am bringing another life into this world that I have to care for. Other times I am overjoyed and cannot wait to hold that little bundle in my arms. Am I going crazy? Or is this just the right of passage for motherhood?

 I've read all the books, taken all the classes, and heard all the horror stories. Corinne is kicking me like crazy right now and it looks as thought an alien is trying to break out of my tummy. Bring it on little girl, I'm ready for ya! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation