Two years in Cheyenne
Here I go again.
We've been in Cheyenne for TWO years and I have yet to blog... like hardly at all. Yikes! I can say it's because "I don't have time." But let's be real, I haven't made the time.
Corinne starts school in two weeks and I can't be more thrilled and nervous. She's a spit fire, so school really could go either way for her: great or terrible. Being that she is a May baby, she's slightly behind the curve, so I hope she doesn't get frustrated and fall "behind". I mean, heck, it's Kindergarten! Shouldn't it just be learning how to get along with one another and listen to directions? Maybe throw some numbers, colors and site words in there? I'm stressed just thinking about it, but it sets the pace for her entire life! She'll do fine, every thing will be fine.
Bruce is in his terrible twos at full throttle. Can't remember to use the toilet, but loves pooping and pissing everywhere else. I know they say not to compare kids, but he seriously blows me out of the water with his speech and development. The kid is smart. Too smart. Sure, he probably picks a lot up from sister, but I blame his daycare. Daycare isn't really daycare (okay it is, as we are paying out the butt for it) but more of a preschool. Bruce comes home singing songs, counting, singing ABCs, demanding Alexa to play "Baby Shark" for the millionth time in a row. Aaaaaaand he's also a bit of a tarrant lately with said pooping and peeing everywhere, yelling, out-bursts of anger, hitting his sister, me and in general acting like a little drunk human. I'd say he reminds me of one of my college roommates, but if I'm being honest, I was probably that college roommate.
Isaac continues to work work work, and bring home brass eagles that are quickly stowed away and out of site. Not that he's not proud of his awards and work, but he's never been a showboat type of person (that's me). As far as I can tell, he still loves what he does and LOVES to fly and take care of his men.
Me (Jen). I dropped to part time around this time last year because my life was work and it was too much to take care of the entire house and work full-time. Isaac was gone A LOT and it just became too overwhelming. Part time (at Verizon) has treated me well. I thoroughly enjoy what I do; helping people and being around technology. Will I stick with Verizon? Who knows. I have been looking into going back to school for my masters, the trouble is, I can't make a decision on what I want to do. Teaching and counseling keep coming back around and around. Before kids I could never see myself as a teacher, it all seemed too overwhelming and like I would completely suck at the job. Counseling seems right up my alley, but not sure what avenue to take. I would LOVE to get a PhD in psychology, but that seems like a "down the road" goal as lots of schooling is involved and a plethora of road blocks, not sure if it would be worth it in the end.
Isaac and I have both been working out more and trying to eat healthier. 30's are not very nice to us, but it's better to start now then never. Hey, look, this has been my first time working out since my autoimmune disease hit me nearly 8 years ago. I am super proud of myself!
I'm working on getting space freed up on this computer... really just a new computer as this one is 8 years old falling apart, then maybe I can add pictures to these posts. For now, here are some words, hope you've enjoyed the little update (okay, I know I am wordy, so congrats if you got this far!).
(and yes, I hit publish before I proof... sorry not sorry)
We've been in Cheyenne for TWO years and I have yet to blog... like hardly at all. Yikes! I can say it's because "I don't have time." But let's be real, I haven't made the time.
Corinne starts school in two weeks and I can't be more thrilled and nervous. She's a spit fire, so school really could go either way for her: great or terrible. Being that she is a May baby, she's slightly behind the curve, so I hope she doesn't get frustrated and fall "behind". I mean, heck, it's Kindergarten! Shouldn't it just be learning how to get along with one another and listen to directions? Maybe throw some numbers, colors and site words in there? I'm stressed just thinking about it, but it sets the pace for her entire life! She'll do fine, every thing will be fine.
Bruce is in his terrible twos at full throttle. Can't remember to use the toilet, but loves pooping and pissing everywhere else. I know they say not to compare kids, but he seriously blows me out of the water with his speech and development. The kid is smart. Too smart. Sure, he probably picks a lot up from sister, but I blame his daycare. Daycare isn't really daycare (okay it is, as we are paying out the butt for it) but more of a preschool. Bruce comes home singing songs, counting, singing ABCs, demanding Alexa to play "Baby Shark" for the millionth time in a row. Aaaaaaand he's also a bit of a tarrant lately with said pooping and peeing everywhere, yelling, out-bursts of anger, hitting his sister, me and in general acting like a little drunk human. I'd say he reminds me of one of my college roommates, but if I'm being honest, I was probably that college roommate.
Isaac continues to work work work, and bring home brass eagles that are quickly stowed away and out of site. Not that he's not proud of his awards and work, but he's never been a showboat type of person (that's me). As far as I can tell, he still loves what he does and LOVES to fly and take care of his men.
Me (Jen). I dropped to part time around this time last year because my life was work and it was too much to take care of the entire house and work full-time. Isaac was gone A LOT and it just became too overwhelming. Part time (at Verizon) has treated me well. I thoroughly enjoy what I do; helping people and being around technology. Will I stick with Verizon? Who knows. I have been looking into going back to school for my masters, the trouble is, I can't make a decision on what I want to do. Teaching and counseling keep coming back around and around. Before kids I could never see myself as a teacher, it all seemed too overwhelming and like I would completely suck at the job. Counseling seems right up my alley, but not sure what avenue to take. I would LOVE to get a PhD in psychology, but that seems like a "down the road" goal as lots of schooling is involved and a plethora of road blocks, not sure if it would be worth it in the end.
Isaac and I have both been working out more and trying to eat healthier. 30's are not very nice to us, but it's better to start now then never. Hey, look, this has been my first time working out since my autoimmune disease hit me nearly 8 years ago. I am super proud of myself!
I'm working on getting space freed up on this computer... really just a new computer as this one is 8 years old falling apart, then maybe I can add pictures to these posts. For now, here are some words, hope you've enjoyed the little update (okay, I know I am wordy, so congrats if you got this far!).
(and yes, I hit publish before I proof... sorry not sorry)




