I Love Camping!

Okay okay, I know I have a post out there that says I HATE camping, but this was a totally different!  First of all, this one was planned and prepped for (even if we did forget a few things).  Also, a rainstorm came through at night right at bedtime that made mommy and daddy time absolutely magical.  
While we are not avid campers, Isaac grew up as one and is an Eagle Scout.  This was our first camping trip as an entire family, and it was a pretty great experience.  I've been bit, and now want to go again and again and again!
A short three hour drive from Cheyenne will land you at the beautiful Lake McConaughy, with its white sand beaches, there is fishing, boating, swimming and of course, camping available.

Heres a photo dump for ya!



A full moon on the horizon. Wish I knew how to capture how magical it really was. 

Caught a friend! 
 This frog would have ended up in our tent had I not reasoned with Corinne that if she didn't put the frog back, it would be as if someone came and took her from her family and didn't want to put her back.  She shot up out of her seat and said, "I think it's time to put the frog back!"

Corinne was mad she had to sit for one second and eat, then she was back in the water! 







explaining the weather patterns 

sat out and enjoyed the rain storm while the kiddos slept  


the only full pic of me (Isaac didn't have hit phone the entire time) and the inside of our tent. 

the boy has been working on his bod! 




pure bliss once we got to our site, the kids didn't want to even wait to put on swimming clothes 
We planned to stay an additional night, but there was another rainstorm heading our way, and it was suppose to be worse than the one the night before.  Our tent was already having a hard time staying up with the day winds, no way we wanted to chance it and end up sleeping in the truck.  Home we headed, and along the way we saw two huge semi trucks that had been blown over on their sides.  It was a good call.

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation