Well well well, we finally made it to Utah and back. We've already planned and paid for two trips, one to Arizona and another to California, only to have to cancel them due to COVID. Luckily, a good portion of Isaac's family lives in the country where there are more cows than people and we got a pass to go visit family. Sure, I am not in the military myself and am free to go where I want (um, I mean, except the countries/places that tell me I can't, lol), but they would make Isaac go on lockdown and use his leave as if he would have gone anyway. No thanks. I'd rather travel as an entire family if we can because the thought of me traveling solo with two kids during a pandemic gives me utter anxiety, and I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon for me to be drunk the entire time.
It was actually pretty relaxing (minus the actual drive time since Bruce didn't have his tablet and called for "momma" about a thousand times an hour). We weren't aloud to travel to any cities, so Salt Lake was out of the question, and any attractions (we love hitting up the aquarium or zoo) were out. We literally just chilled at Isaac's dad's place the entire time, which is absolutely beautiful! I went on a couple runs with the dogs, and thankfully neither of the caught a skunk this time (freaking Dodger!), and neither one of them killed a cat (Dodger) or chicken (Dodger). Damn, Dodger is the most sweet, loving, kind and slightly hyperactive German short hair, but that girl is a killer! I mean, she is a hunter, sooooo, can you blame her?
Corinne and Bruce both loved their time in Utah, playing with cousins, hanging out at grandpa's house, and just being kids who were free to run! Isaac got to shoot off a few of his guns at the house and out further in the country somewhere with his brothers and dad. We really are so lucky to live so close to his family right now... who knows what a year from now will bring when we have to move :(
We did manage to go to Willard Bay, which was about 15 minutes away. Funny enough, Isaac had never been, but it was a perfect little refresher on a hot day for all the cousins to swim and play.
Now we are back in Cheyenne and Bruce is in pre-school and Corinne in summer school. Bruce doesn't have to wear a mask, but Corinne does. Luckily she's actually excited to wear her mask (it helps that I made them and she got to pick out her fabric).
*Most/all the pics are available on Insta and Facebook, but I usually drop a few here so I can look back and remember on the blog... which if I'm being honest, I usually just write this thing for myself.
 |
| Orion swinging away! |
 |
| So proud of herself! |
 |
| Playing in grandpa's shop (aka, watching stupid YouTube vids) |
 |
| Great grandpa Bowman, Margret, and the kiddos |
 |
| Grandpa, Isaac and Corinne went fishing... Corinne caught a lot! |
 |
| Willard Bay |
 |
| All the filters this morning |
 |
| I really don't think they will ever take a "normal" picture, lol |
 |
| Pool time with cousins |
 |
| Everywhere you look, mountains! |
 |
| cousins! |
 |
| Grandpa is the best! |
Grandpa is all about working with his hands. He built an entire play place for the kids, with a slide, fireman's pole, and zip-line! Can you believe he's turning 69 this year?!