Elder Karlson and Kane

Today Isaac and I left our apartment at 6:30am to set of for Burley, Idaho, where Elder Karlson gave his homecoming talk after serving two years in the Tucson Arizona Mission.
This got me thinking that the elders who taught me, Elder Karlson and Elder Kane, made one of the best decisions of my life (and consequently, Isaac's and I'm sure many more people to come). During the Elders' mission, they met me, and gave me more than The Book of Mormon, they gave me knowledge, truth, understanding, and most of all HOPE.
Listening and watching Elder Karlson's talk (he is 50% deaf, so he signs when he talks), was amazing. His stories from his mission touched my heart so much that I nearly cried the entire time through his talk. He truly was called of God to serve his mission at the right time and place.
After listening to Elder Karlson talk, I said goodbye and thanked him. On the way out to the parking lot, my husband asked me if I wanted to stay longer. I said I did want to stay longer and visit, but I couldn't because I was too emotional and would probably just keep crying. THANK YOU Elder Karlson and Elder Kane for giving me such a wonderful gift. I don't know that there is anything I can do to show how truly grateful I am to these men for altering the course of my life forever.
Elder Kane, Katie, Me, Elder Karlson at my baptism May 15, 2010

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation