I HATE NEEDLES!!
After visiting the doc last week on Monday, I told him I couldn't take the Enbrel injection anymore and showed him my battle wounds. He 100% agreed with me, and prescribed a new injected biologic medication- Cimzia. It's a little different because instead of taking it once a week, I only have to take it once a month (two injections) after the initial start up doses (two injections at a time every two weeks for a total of 6 injections in 6 weeks).
I had my medication delivered to my work in this huge heavy box:
Once I got past all the cold packs and packaging materials, this is what was left:
A total of six injections.
That afternoon I went to see the nurse so she could teach me how to give myself the injections. I am SCARED TO DEATH of NEEDLES!!! The nurse suggested my belly area would be the best place for my injections (I only have the choice of stomach fat or thigh fat). After uncapping the needle, and pointing it right at my belly fat, I froze, trying to physc myself up for sticking this thing in me. Gently I started pushing the needle and the nurse helped by pushing on my had so it would actually puncture my skin. About that time I could feel beads of sweat forming on my head, but the pain of the thick serum form the medication hurt much more. When I was done, I laid down, and started wiping my head, feeling like I just entered into a heat wave. (not the first time I have nearly passed out from an injection) The nurse was very kind to do the second one for me. I informed her that I am sure I can find someone to give me my injections. There is no way I am attempting that again. Ugh!
Good news is that so far I have had no reactions. Well, I had a little one, but it went away over night.
I have high hopes for this medication, especially since I stopped taking the prednisone (ouch, lots of stiffness has come back, but hopefully it will go away soon).
Side effects are the one thing I am concerned about, in particular, lymphoma cancer and ms. We shall see...
I had my medication delivered to my work in this huge heavy box:
Once I got past all the cold packs and packaging materials, this is what was left:
![]() |
| Three of these little boxes |
A total of six injections.
![]() |
| comparing size |
Good news is that so far I have had no reactions. Well, I had a little one, but it went away over night.
I have high hopes for this medication, especially since I stopped taking the prednisone (ouch, lots of stiffness has come back, but hopefully it will go away soon).
Side effects are the one thing I am concerned about, in particular, lymphoma cancer and ms. We shall see...



