house wifery
Update on Isaac first:
He is one flight away from soloing in the T-6 Texan. He would have gone today, but he had his very first "hooked" ride. Not sure why they call it "hooked" when you mess up and don't pass off the flight, but still, a very sad and upsetting day for Isaac. He works so hard and I hate to see him upset. Honestly though, I was kind of happy about it. If he had soloed today, I would have had to call into work, putting my job on the line. And "they say" here, almost everyone hooks at least one ride, (let's just pray it's not two).
As long as he is scheduled to fly, he should be doing his solo flight on Tuesday.... now I either need to find someone with a really good camera to take pictures, or I'm going to go blow some savings and on a really nice camera. (Let me just clarify, practically my entire paychecks have been going towards building our savings, I don't feel entirely bad dipping into it....but I'd rather not. Plus, I'd have to drive down to OKC because the only store here with cameras are Staples and Walmart).
I only work part time at AT&T, which is usually 5 days a week for 32 hours (barely part time and no hope for overtime). But hey, it's still a LOT less than my husband who puts in 12 hours a day, then comes home and studies at night as well as weekends. So it is my duty to make sure the house is kept nice (or at least liveable) and to make the house feel like a home. My experience with decorating is null, but I'm giving it a shot. It's a work in progress:
I'm trying to learn how to cook... I'm pretty terrible, so I tend to not even attempt cooking. But I LOVE baking!! Most of my recipes I find online. This one is a gem, cranberry orange scones. I made them a little smaller, and added frosting: powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and a few drops of tangerine doTerra oil.
He is one flight away from soloing in the T-6 Texan. He would have gone today, but he had his very first "hooked" ride. Not sure why they call it "hooked" when you mess up and don't pass off the flight, but still, a very sad and upsetting day for Isaac. He works so hard and I hate to see him upset. Honestly though, I was kind of happy about it. If he had soloed today, I would have had to call into work, putting my job on the line. And "they say" here, almost everyone hooks at least one ride, (let's just pray it's not two).
As long as he is scheduled to fly, he should be doing his solo flight on Tuesday.... now I either need to find someone with a really good camera to take pictures, or I'm going to go blow some savings and on a really nice camera. (Let me just clarify, practically my entire paychecks have been going towards building our savings, I don't feel entirely bad dipping into it....but I'd rather not. Plus, I'd have to drive down to OKC because the only store here with cameras are Staples and Walmart).
I only work part time at AT&T, which is usually 5 days a week for 32 hours (barely part time and no hope for overtime). But hey, it's still a LOT less than my husband who puts in 12 hours a day, then comes home and studies at night as well as weekends. So it is my duty to make sure the house is kept nice (or at least liveable) and to make the house feel like a home. My experience with decorating is null, but I'm giving it a shot. It's a work in progress:
| http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-scones/ |