Isaac's T-6 Solo Flight
He did such an AWESOME job!!!
Leading up to his solo, I was really nervous, not for his flight, but that I wouldn't be able to get some good pictures. Stories of wives not even being let out to the flight line scared me. But no fear, if no one tells me no, then it's a go!
Turns out, I was suppose to have a man in uniform with me the whole time. Two of Isaac's classmates came to my rescue by request of Isaac's IP (instructor pilot), thanks guys! They helped point out Isaac to me several times and explain things when I had questions.
Tradition holds at the end of the first solo flight, the pilot had the opportunity to try and run all the way back to his class room and touch the back wall. If the pilot makes it, the class has to buy them a whole case of beer/soda/drink of choice. If they don't make it, they get dunked in a huge tub of freezing dirty water that has been sitting for several weeks at times. Truth be told, no one makes it, and even if they did make it, they would still be dunked. Isaac didn't even attempt to run. :)
Overall, it was a really fin experience for me, and a really really fun experience for Isaac.
Lot of pictures here, and TONS more on my facebook page. (I took 210, but published 78)
| That's Isaac all the way up there |
| Isaac has been nick-named "The Fist", I'm guessing because he always does this |
| So glad I got this pic, even if the wind made my hair crazy |
| Isaac's class 13-13 |
| Home |
