A New Wind
So Isaac had his long flights this week. Went to Hurlburt Field (Florida) and Moody (Georgia) with his class (they were learning navigation). Isaac is truly living his dreams, flying over the ocean and swamp lands seeing waves of sharks, fish, hammer heads, and alligators.
With these travels, he got to meet with the pilots of the Pavehawk (60's) and the Osprey (CV-22).
This whole time we've been here he's talked nothing but wanting to fly the 60's, but lately he teased he might want to go CV-22's. Really, that's all I thought he was doing, teasing. After his trip to Hurlburt Field (panhandle of Florida), that tease has turned into a desire. Isaac's new desire is to fly CV-22's.
And guess what? He also wants to be a FAIP (first assignment instructor pilot). What's the likely hood of this actually happening?? No idea. There are two spots available this year (military fiscal year, which ends with Isaac's class), and of those two spots, one is a FAIP, the only FAIP spot left this year. Isaac's class is 13-11, we still have 13-09 and 13-10 to get through, and if neither of them get the spot, then there is a 1-5 chance Isaac could get it (one of the guys in his class is guard and already knows what he's flying). THREE months away... seems like forever. I was all mentally prepared to move at the end of this year, now, if Isaac get's what he wants, it could be another 4 years till we move.
How do I feel about all this? Truth is, I don't know yet. There are three (maybe 4) bases for the Osprey: Florida, New Mexico, and England (just barely opened, still a long time before we MIGHT get stationed there), and there are talks about opening one in Asia somewhere. Not all the traveling I thought I would do in the Air Force, but a lot more stability. Only time will tell. No matter what he ends up flying or where we end up going, I know I will find the good in it and be very happy.
Here are some (a lot) pics taken with Isaac's Iphone (you can tell they are his pics because his finger is in half the pictures): {click on the pics to see them bigger}
With these travels, he got to meet with the pilots of the Pavehawk (60's) and the Osprey (CV-22).
This whole time we've been here he's talked nothing but wanting to fly the 60's, but lately he teased he might want to go CV-22's. Really, that's all I thought he was doing, teasing. After his trip to Hurlburt Field (panhandle of Florida), that tease has turned into a desire. Isaac's new desire is to fly CV-22's.
How do I feel about all this? Truth is, I don't know yet. There are three (maybe 4) bases for the Osprey: Florida, New Mexico, and England (just barely opened, still a long time before we MIGHT get stationed there), and there are talks about opening one in Asia somewhere. Not all the traveling I thought I would do in the Air Force, but a lot more stability. Only time will tell. No matter what he ends up flying or where we end up going, I know I will find the good in it and be very happy.























.jpg)
