11 weeks



Corinne is growing so fast! For the past couple weeks she's been talking away. Okay, so not real words, except for "hi". I kid you not, she says it all the time, and I swear that she knows what it means. For instance, when Isaac and I drive into town, Corinne sits in her car seat in the back yelling, "Hi!" at us trying to get our attention.



I just LOVE this little girl! Her facial expressions crack me up!! She's still nursing like a champ, and has several diapers a day. It's not an exact science, but I tried getting her approximate weight by standing on the scale with her, she's about 11.5lbs. We missed getting her into her 2 month appointment because the base doctors book up fast, and since that is our only option here, we just have to wait. But we were able to get her shots and she did amazing! She screamed more from the guy hold her leg down than the actual shots.


  

Corinne has been eating her hands a lot lately, drooling and is sometimes more sensitive--early signs of teething.  For example, I was nursing her and had to sneeze. Right after my sneeze she threw down this huge fat lip and started crying. Oh poor thing! Broke my heart and made me want to smile at the same time.

She certainly knows how to tug at mom's heartstrings!


She's also been holding her own head up for some time now. Not perfect, but those muscles are growing strong! 

Last week we got her crib in, yippee!! Now we are waiting for her bedding. We also painted her room and picked out some curtains. Nothing really matches or is what I originally had in mind, but that's okay, it's not like we are going to be entertaining people in her room. In fact, it's better for kids to have more colors to look at (I'm totally making this up so I can justify not having a pintrest worthy room, but it makes sense, right?). Either way, I'll put pics up when all is done. Once her room is done, then I just have to work on getting her to sleep in her crib.... I'm 100% sure it will be way harder on me than it will be on her. I'm weak, and I love co-sleeping. I hated it at first, I was scared I would smother her, but I've never come close. For so many many reasons co-sleeping works great for us. But it will be nice to have our bed back again, I'll just miss having her right by me. Guess I have to stop being a baby and grow up sometime ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation