Traveling
| One of the last pictures before hitting the road |
| Such a good traveling baby |
| My little traveler... Driver's seat is where she had most her meals while on the road. |
I finally made a baby announcement, but I am so cheap (aka poor from all those diapers), that I'm only sending it to those family members who don't frequent the internet and wont just trash the pic. There is a blog with the card posted, you just have to click the link to view the front and back-and if you really really have to have the announcement then you can even order one too! ;)
We are now at our new place in Minot (not a new house, in fact, we live on base in a duplex, but at least we have a fenced in back yard with grass-not that it will mater come the frigid winter time). Wookie has taken to retreating to the yard's corner when the baby (and sometimes her mother) are off their rockers. Poor thing, I know things will get better.
Still no furniture, it's in transit somewhere and I can only pray it gets to us ASAP and doesn't get lost.
We attended church this past Sunday, it was our first time going to all three blocks. While feeding my daughter for the third time in the mother's room, I was wondering what the point was of me even coming to church, but then I met a couple of awesome sisters who were (or have been) in similar situations, and it made me feel a little less alone and a little more loved.
Minot is no where near as bad as people make it out to be. Enid had far less-at least this town has a Target, few Starbucks and even a Barns and Noble. Every town has it's faults, but being that I am living here for at least the next three years, I am going to make the most of my time and see the bright side of things.
Next on my "to-do" is being brave enough to travel into town for shopping/home improvement stuff with just me and my daughter. It's at least a 30 minute drive into town and with shopping, it's guaranteed I will have to feed her once or twice. I don't really mind feeding her while walking around shopping, I just find it difficult and would rather not. White walls suck, but finding the time to put up color while taking care of a new baby is next to impossible. Maybe we will wait until she's more on a schedule...
Just got internet today!! So more posts to come!