Christmas Letter 2014
I asked Isaac to write this year's letter as I was having a hard time keeping it to one page and kept writting only about Coirnne. So here ya go!
Well
Merry Christmas y’all!!! It’s been quite
a busy year for the Fifield family to say the least. I graduated from my UH-1N initial
qualification course in July. And about
a month and half before that, Jen had the wonderful opportunity to push a
little human out of her body. We decided
to keep her, and named her Corinne, we named her after my hometown in Utah. Since then she has done nothing but terrorize
us, all while melting our hearts and those of every sweet grandma in
Minot! She’s getting big and starting to
make real people poop…But I digress.
After I graduated from my initial qual
course, we hit the road for the 4th time in 2 years to make it to
Minot North Dakota! The dog hated the
drive and the cat showed no emotion. We
heard so many horror stories about it up here.
They were all true! It
sucks! Just kidding, we really like it
here! I go hunting on most weekends and
Jen plays with the baby and is making lots of friends from our squadron and
church. I fly the helicopter almost
everyday during the week, and sometimes twice a day. I’m getting tons of hours and I love my
job! ‘Murica!
When we got here, the moving company
was kind enough to lose one of the legs to our table (I hope you can read this
and hear my sarcasm). Thankfully I
married a truly amazing woman and she let my buy a pool table with a ping- pong
tabletop! So now we’ll put a tablecloth
over it and be one of those cool families!
I’ve been able to refurbish our old table to make it into a craft table
for Jen. When she has time (which is
never by the way, remember when I said Corinne is a terrorist? I wasn’t kidding. She’s a terrorist legally registered with Al Qaida),
she likes to do crafts to make our house into a beautiful home. She recently pulled out her flute and
starting playing again. She is so
talented and beautiful, and I don’t deserve her! At our Christmas party last week she was told
that she has some killer legs by one of my squadron mates! No big deal.
I feel truly blessed to have such an
amazing wife and beautiful little terrorist daughter. I often wonder why God smiles on me so big,
but I can’t figure it out. I can only be
thankful for a loving God even with all of my shortcomings.
All right, I’ll keep my comments at
church! Merry Christmas to you- our
family and friends! I hope and pray that
your Christmas/Holiday season is full of presents and commercial
commodities. Obviously I’m joking again,
take time this season to reflect on your happy times from this past year, and
above all else relax, and know that the Fifield’s love and miss you all.
LOVE,
Isaac, Jennifer,
Corinne, Wookie, and Logan Fifield