Thanksgiving
Our first Thanksgiving on active duty in the military and we spent here in Enid. I work retail, so of course I was set to work Black Friday. I had the two days before AND Thanksgiving off, but Isaac had Thanksgiving and the next three days off... No hope for going home for Christmas either... I LOVE my job, but I wish for once I could have a whole week off for the holidays.
Thanksgiving turned out pretty good, just wish I would have taken more pictures...
Lesson #1 in cooking a turkey: know how long it takes to defrost a turkey (and PLEASE check this at least a week before defrosting, because that how long it could take).
I was happy that it wasn't just me and Isaac...I LOVE my husband, but I didn't want to cook for just the two of us, so we had another couple over, the Thompsons (friends from Utah that were stationed here at Vance) and Andrey Kenny (friend of Isaac's from his CTA days), who just got stationed here.
I really really really wish I would have taken more pics, Kenny baked some AWESOME pecan pies and the turkey turned out pretty good too. My favorite, as always, was the stuffing and mashed potatoes.
Oh, and what am I thankful for? EVERYTHING!!! My husband, my fur-babies, my family (I especially love having my mom so close), my friends, my house, my job, my car, technology, did I mention my awesome husband?? :)
Thanksgiving turned out pretty good, just wish I would have taken more pictures...
Lesson #1 in cooking a turkey: know how long it takes to defrost a turkey (and PLEASE check this at least a week before defrosting, because that how long it could take).
I was happy that it wasn't just me and Isaac...I LOVE my husband, but I didn't want to cook for just the two of us, so we had another couple over, the Thompsons (friends from Utah that were stationed here at Vance) and Andrey Kenny (friend of Isaac's from his CTA days), who just got stationed here.
I really really really wish I would have taken more pics, Kenny baked some AWESOME pecan pies and the turkey turned out pretty good too. My favorite, as always, was the stuffing and mashed potatoes.
Oh, and what am I thankful for? EVERYTHING!!! My husband, my fur-babies, my family (I especially love having my mom so close), my friends, my house, my job, my car, technology, did I mention my awesome husband?? :)