Isaac's dreams are coming true. I am extremely happy for my husband, really, I am. Sure, I might have shed a tiny little tear (and did my best to hold back the water works) when I found out, but it will be a nice change.
Apparently this was a very interesting track select, 4 T-38's (fighter/bomber track) and 4 helicopters The rest were either guard (who came into Vance knowing what they were flying), Navy (who already knew, and get sent out after track select) or T-1's. Every guy that put in for helicopters got it. Class 13-13 unlucky? NOT! There were several that put in for T-38's, and unfortunately, not all of them got it, but 4 times more than the last class got them, I'd say Isaac's class is very very lucky.
I managed to take some pics (okay, A LOT of pics) and a video I will post as soon as I can figure out how to do that again... enjoy. More pics to come on Facebook, naturally)
 |
| His class duplicated the poster on the bottom (random that they had it in their flight room) |
 |
| Pic on the T-6, what he trained on these past 6 months |
 |
| Another pic |
 |
| And another pic because I liked the way I looked better |
 |
| Goodbye Vance flight line |
 |
| working it for the camera |
 |
| Cute pic someone posted before track select |
|
 |
| Tilt head till I can figure out how to rotate pictures in the new program I'm using. Dang, I make this G-suit look good! |
 |
| Last day's schedule for UPT at Vance |
 |
| Goodbye 8th flying squadron! |
 |
| T-6 simulator. I only lasted 10-15 minutes because I felt like throwing up. But I did good! Took off, did all kinds of flips, and landed (with some assistance from my wonderful husband) |
 |
| Class 13-13 |
 |
| nervously waiting |
Okay, so these are out of order and my blog hates me-I have one heck of a time trying to get these things in order without messing everything up...but you'll get the idea.
 |
| Finding out he got helo's |
 |
| Nice bottom! But I really just wanted a screen shot of the helo |
 |
| I love the captions they put up for "most likely", that's my husband alright! |
 |
| The helicopter guys |
There was a picture here of me and the other wives/wives to be that are going, but I don't think whoever took the picture took it right since it's no longer on my camera...or maybe I just made it up and we never took a picture....
 |
| The Fifield's |
|
I am seriously going to miss these gals soooo much!!!! I nearly cried
when Jenny (far right) and I locked eyes and she gave me a sad face. :( We've had an
awesome time with our girls nights and supporting one another. From what I understand, this class probably has/had the most wives they've seen in a while. I LOVE these ladies!! Good news, I get to take two of them (Minta and Maritza) with me!!!
 |
| From left to right: Jessica (holding daughter Evelin), Melissa, Sophie, Maritza, Lana, (me), Minta (holding daughter Sarah) and Jenny (holding baby girl in belly) |
What now? Isaac was told he has to be there March 11th (not sure if that is Day 1 or if that is his report date-we'll find out that information sometime this week). Oh, forgot to mention, helicopter training is in Alabama- Ft. Rucker. It's an Army base, a lot lot lot larger than this tiny little itty bitty training base, which also means better housing. We will also be a little less than 2 hours from the nearest beach: Yipppee!! Down side (besides leaving everyone- including my mom) is finding a new job (I actually really liked this one-except for having to work on the weekends)... but I have faith everything will work out. God is awesome and he knows me and knows what's best for me. Trust and faith will get me through.
Alabama, here we come!