Granny


We have arrived safely here in Alabama!
The move went okay. Not going to say it was all roses, but there were no major problems either. At least the cat didn't cry the entire trip: thank you tranquilizers!
Currently, we are in our last hotel (last of three) and tomorrow we will be in our new home on base. We drove through the base tonight, but it was dark outside and hard to make out what was what. I can say though, it it about 100 times bigger than Vance AFB (I really don't think I'm exaggerating too much either).

Granny
Our first day leaving Oklahoma, we stopped off at my great grandmother's (my dad's mom's mom) place (we all call her "Granny"). It's too bad I never realized how close she was sooner... I mean like way sooner, as when I was in college, sooner. She lives pretty close to the main interstate, and I thought, for some reason, she was in the middle of nowhere Arkansas. I could have spent so much more time with her. On Tuesday, she turned 86 years old. She was 16 when she had my grandma, and my grandma was 16 when she had my dad... so that's why she is only 3 years older than my mom's dad.
It was funny/interesting/fascinating to hear her talk about "back when". She lived most her life in Nampa, Idaho---at a very different time. She made some snide comment about me living and meeting my husband in Utah (guessing she doesn't take to kindly to us Mormon folk, hahaha, but as my dad warned me already, it was probably best to leave the subject of religion---my religion--- alone when talking to anyone of the older people in his family). And people of difference race were seen very differently as well. But she was very nice and polite to me and my husband. Fed us chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, coleslaw, and bread; yum! She was hoping we would stay the night, but being I hadn't planned on it, I already booked and paid for a hotel about an hour away. Really, it was a pleasure getting to sit down with her and having her meet Isaac. Just wish I'd known she was so close sooner so I could have visited more. I love that woman! :D
Me and Granny



Me and granny making funny faces

Looking forward to signing for our new place tomorrow (and figuring out why my check engine light decided to come on once getting to our destination, ugh).

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation