winding down
Without work, I find other things to occupy my thoughts, mostly filled with other things I can stress about. Why is it that I feel the need to stress about something all the time? NOT that it's a drive-everyone-crazy kind of stress, just a healthy one that keeps me going.
Much to my husband's disapproval, I watched the Academy Awards show on Sunday. Boy, was it fun. Mostly, because Seth was completely Seth in everything that he did, which I find not very Academy Awards friendly, but hey, they hired the guy knowing exactly what he is like. Also, this was the first time I actually watched most of the movies they talked about/handed out awards for. Before meeting Isaac, the only time I'd watch movies is if it came on t.v. or I rented. It sure was nice having two incomes these last 6 months. **WARNING, RANT AHEAD** My only major disagreement with the awards was the final one, ya know, best picture; Argo. REALLY?!?! Were we all watching the same movie? I actually argued with the guy at Hastings who agreed with the award. I say Life of Pie was a million times better, and even Les Mis. His argument was that Les Mis had been done a millions times before. But I argue, that shouldn't matter. You are not comparing it to past shows, just the list of ones it's going up against for this award show. Ugh. Just because Ben (Argo) was the director, doesn't mean it should be award winning.
Monday was my last day of work, which was actually suppose to be Tuesday. Technically, tomorrow is my official last day, but I have some paid time off I'm using instead. Monday, there was a blizzard that hit our town knocking down several power lines and making it so businesses could not open Tuesday, including my work. Luckily, we never lost power, but several of my co-workers did, and I think one still doesn't have power :( Yes, I kind of already miss work. NOT WORK, the people I work with. Motivation to get up in the morning, like it or not. Hopefully I'll find something soon in 'Bama.
We got a house! We sign for it the day after arriving to Ft. Rucker, Monday, March 11th. So much better than the two month wait here. One week from today we will be driving to the good 'ol south... I'm glad the moving company is moving all our stuff, I HATE packing the most about moving. Then again, the cat is a real close runner up with his constant meowing, good thing the doc gave us something to knock him out.
Not much left to do here. Just hang out with some friends, make sure I say goodbye to my mom (the worst part of leaving Oklahoma), and clean the house. Think I'll get a few workouts in there and some long naps. Enjoying being a house wife while I can (or attempting too...).
Much to my husband's disapproval, I watched the Academy Awards show on Sunday. Boy, was it fun. Mostly, because Seth was completely Seth in everything that he did, which I find not very Academy Awards friendly, but hey, they hired the guy knowing exactly what he is like. Also, this was the first time I actually watched most of the movies they talked about/handed out awards for. Before meeting Isaac, the only time I'd watch movies is if it came on t.v. or I rented. It sure was nice having two incomes these last 6 months. **WARNING, RANT AHEAD** My only major disagreement with the awards was the final one, ya know, best picture; Argo. REALLY?!?! Were we all watching the same movie? I actually argued with the guy at Hastings who agreed with the award. I say Life of Pie was a million times better, and even Les Mis. His argument was that Les Mis had been done a millions times before. But I argue, that shouldn't matter. You are not comparing it to past shows, just the list of ones it's going up against for this award show. Ugh. Just because Ben (Argo) was the director, doesn't mean it should be award winning.
| The very beginning of the blizzard |
| A few days later, some of the snow they piled up |
Monday was my last day of work, which was actually suppose to be Tuesday. Technically, tomorrow is my official last day, but I have some paid time off I'm using instead. Monday, there was a blizzard that hit our town knocking down several power lines and making it so businesses could not open Tuesday, including my work. Luckily, we never lost power, but several of my co-workers did, and I think one still doesn't have power :( Yes, I kind of already miss work. NOT WORK, the people I work with. Motivation to get up in the morning, like it or not. Hopefully I'll find something soon in 'Bama.
We got a house! We sign for it the day after arriving to Ft. Rucker, Monday, March 11th. So much better than the two month wait here. One week from today we will be driving to the good 'ol south... I'm glad the moving company is moving all our stuff, I HATE packing the most about moving. Then again, the cat is a real close runner up with his constant meowing, good thing the doc gave us something to knock him out.
Not much left to do here. Just hang out with some friends, make sure I say goodbye to my mom (the worst part of leaving Oklahoma), and clean the house. Think I'll get a few workouts in there and some long naps. Enjoying being a house wife while I can (or attempting too...).