We Begin


How we met... 
We met in church my third day in Logan, UT. 
As some of you may have read my blog, church was a little overwhelming for me my first time here in Logan. I managed to make it to the right sacrament meeting with plenty of time to spare. I couldn't help but look around a lot, everyone looked pretty normal, but I was most certainly trying to check out what some of the guys looked like.
The first time I saw Isaac, I noticed the back of his head... and shoes.
As I found my seat I looked around the room and noticed a few pews up this guy sitting on the end, it was his shoes that stood out to me. Squinting, I was trying to figure out if this guy was trying to sport some platform shoes. To add to his uniqueness, he had red hair. I kinda felt sorry for the poor guy, it just seemed like he was trying too hard but was too awkward.
We were both in the right place at the right time....twice.
After sacrament, I found my way over to the gospel principles class. I must have stood out like a sore thumb, because a guy ask, "are you Jennifer?" Guess it was that obvious I was the new convert. He then told me the bishop asked him to look out for me. I found a seat, put my stuff down and ran to the bathroom (had to go). When I came back, all the chairs were re-arranged into a circle, my stuff was sitting on a chair right next to a red headed guy. Quickly, I thought of moving my stuff one chair over, but then I though, "why not sit next to him? It'll be a great way to start off, getting to know people." I introduced myself, and asked him what the red band was for on his wrist. He said it was for a guy missing in action form the military, so I asked, "You're in the service?" and he said, "yes, Air Force". Well, I wrote him off quickly, assuming he was a military guy that travels a lot.
        As the class ended, we were all standing around chatting, and I happed to look down and noticed this red headed guy wearing those same platform shoes I saw earlier. So I said something, "Nice shoes." "Thanks!" he replied, lifting up his pant leg a little, I noticed they were actually some really cool looking Nike shoes, that were tennis shoes doubled as dress shoes (not platforms).  We chatted a little (not sure what).                                                                                                                
       Monday night rolled around, and even though I was very tried and emotionally drained form the day, I made it to family home evening, which was a dinner with our entire stake in the church auditorium. As I was walking up to the door, this guy with a hat on went to open the door for me. He knew my name, but I didn't remember his name. He took his hat off and I saw his red hair. "Oh! You're the guy I sat next to to gospel essentials." just so happened to walk up to the door at the same time. (I found out later that he went just to talk to me and get my number; how sweet!) So, through chatting with me in line, he got my number, "To hang out with him and his roommates sometime," he explained. He didn't sit with any of his friends and only talked with me the entire time. I started to have the feeling he liked me. Also, I found out he's in his first senor year in collage (one more to go) and in the Air Force ROTC, so no worries about him taking off any time soon. 
              Over the next couple days we kept in touch. My phone quit on me, so through the wonders of Facebook, I looked him up... soon, he asked if he could stop by my place and bring me dessert (yum! He knows the way to my heart!) The rest is history. He wooed me... romantic nights driving around, playing music while we danced and looked up at stars, the temple lights and even sparkling apple cider (I call it Mormon champaign). Everyday we have been in the same state, we have managed to spend time with each other.
              Almost two weeks into the relationship we made it official. One night, we went driving around campus where he took to me this outdoor amphitheater. Just a little walk down from that is a tree we sat down against and overlooked the Logan Temple; from that angle the Logan Temple lights shined bigger and brighter than anywhere else I had seen them. Laying against his chest, wrapped up in his arms and coat (it may have been just a cool summer night to him, but coming from Arizona, I was freezing!), Isaac took a deep breath and said, "I think it's safe to say you're my girlfriend." I could have just melted right then and there. I felt like I was light as a feather and ready to fly away. 
              Isaac explained to me that Utah has a saying, "When you know, you know." During our whole courtship I never had the desire to date any other guys. I've dated enough to know what I want, and Isaac just fits. He's very attractive, fun, outgoing, funny, loving, caring, strong, responsible, family oriented, athletic, and much much more. Also, he's a return missionary who served in Boston in the Haitian speaking mission, so he speaks Haitian Kreal (not sure how to spell that, but the language is most closely related to French... and yes, it's beautiful when he speaks it to me... *siiiiiigh*).

And to think, when I first moved up here to Logan, I had only planned on staying the summer months. It NEVER entered my mind that I could meet my lifetime eternal partner. (or live in snow, yikes!)

-Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day 2020

Honeymoon

anticipation