New Computer
A few weeks ago, while I was back in Arizona, I went to Jamba Juice to escape the heat and work on a father's day gift on my laptop. I was just getting set up when I came to find out that the only plug in at Jamba Juice didn't work. My 2007 Compaq laptop doesn't work unless it's plugged in... 5 years for a computer shouldn't be too old, but at the time I got my computer, I was told it would outdate in two years (now I think it's even less than that). It had a whopping 80GB hard drive, Windows XP, and some other fancy stuff at the time, which I spent about $1,300 or more on.
Back to Jamba Juice....
Fed up and tired with having to haul my cord around with my lap top, I got a hold of my husband and begged him to let me get a new computer. It wasn't as impulsive as it sounds, we had been discussing me getting a new computer for some time, this was just the time. Luke AFB was only about 30-40min away (NO TAX!) and the price of the computer I wanted had just dropped. While trying to make my decision (Isaac left the final decision up to me, I knew he wanted one), I found my way to the washers and dryers... How could I justify dropping Almost $1,200 on a new computer and software when we needed a new washer and dryer??? Plus, what about all the other new things we need for our place (moving in a week btw!). Ugh. Why did he have to leave such an expensive decision to me??
Guess what?
We got it. Yep. I don't regret the decision for one second. Sure, it was pretty much Isaac's entire pay check, but I spend way more time on here than watching television or pretty much any other activity (too sad?). I just figure, our lives are so enhanced by the little machine. Like, say, blogging for example, it's how we are to stay connected while Isaac and I travel the world. The solidifying effect for me was when I got to talk to my husband that night and actually see him through FaceTime. Can you really put a price on that??? :-)
Back to Jamba Juice....
Fed up and tired with having to haul my cord around with my lap top, I got a hold of my husband and begged him to let me get a new computer. It wasn't as impulsive as it sounds, we had been discussing me getting a new computer for some time, this was just the time. Luke AFB was only about 30-40min away (NO TAX!) and the price of the computer I wanted had just dropped. While trying to make my decision (Isaac left the final decision up to me, I knew he wanted one), I found my way to the washers and dryers... How could I justify dropping Almost $1,200 on a new computer and software when we needed a new washer and dryer??? Plus, what about all the other new things we need for our place (moving in a week btw!). Ugh. Why did he have to leave such an expensive decision to me??
Guess what?
We got it. Yep. I don't regret the decision for one second. Sure, it was pretty much Isaac's entire pay check, but I spend way more time on here than watching television or pretty much any other activity (too sad?). I just figure, our lives are so enhanced by the little machine. Like, say, blogging for example, it's how we are to stay connected while Isaac and I travel the world. The solidifying effect for me was when I got to talk to my husband that night and actually see him through FaceTime. Can you really put a price on that??? :-)